Paul Andrew Hutton
|Paul A. Hutton|
|Born||Paul Andrew Hutton
October 23, 1949
Frankfurt, West Germany
|Occupation||cultural historian, scholar, author, television personality|
|Spouse(s)||Vickie Bauer, 1972–1984 (divorced)|
Paul Andrew Hutton (born October 23, 1949) is an American cultural historian, author, documentary writer, and television personality. He is also the professor of history at the University of New Mexico and the executive director of Western History Association.
Research and literary works
At the University of New Mexico, Hutton helped to gather information about George Armstrong Custer for the readers. The result of Hutton's research was The Custer Reader, a collection of essays, photographs, and fiction regarding Custer and his complex personality. Hutton's 1985 book Phil Sheridan and His Army received many awards for historical writing, including the Ray Allen Billington Award. He has written many other award-winning essays, scripts, and articles. He has done a great deal of work in television documentaries, and was a historical consultant for the films The Missing and "Cowboys and Aliens". Dr. Hutton has appeared in, written or narrated over 150 television documentaries on CBS, NBC, PBS, Discover, Disney Channel, TBS, TNN, A&E, and the History Channel. Listed below are recent samples of his work.
Film & Television Writing Credits
* Eighty Acres of Hell (TV) - (writer) (2006)
* Investigating History TV series - (unknown episodes) (2003)
* Carson and Cody: The Hunter Heroes (TV) - (writer) (2003)
Hutton also served as the President of the Western Writers of America from 2002 to 2004.
Television Producing Credits
* Investigating History - TV series (co-producer) (unknown episodes) (2003)
* Carson and Cody: The Hunter Heroes - (2003) (TV) (producer)
Television & Film appearances
* The Wild West (A&E) - .... Himself (1993–2006)
* Biography - Billy the Kid (2006) - .... as Himself -
* Biography - The James Gang: Outlaw Brothers (TV episode) (1995) .... Himself
* Biography - .... Wyatt Earp: Walk with a Legend (TV) (1994) .... Himself
As actor -
* Naked Gun 331⁄3: The Final Insult (1991)-... Doctor
A native German and adopted by an American couple, and reared primarily in Indiana and New Mexico, Hutton married the former Vickie Bauer on July 25, 1972. They were divorced August 1984. He then married Lynn Brittner. They eventually divorced. On August 7 ,2001 he married someone else. They are still married today.
Dr. Hutton graduated with a B.A. in History from Indiana University, in 1972, where he also obtained his M.A (1974) and his Ph.D. in History (1981)