Paul Andrews (producer)
Paul Andrews (born September 1967) is the current CEO of the digital publisher Andrews UK Limited, in Luton, UK. He was most famous previously for his involvement with the retro gaming scene in the UK, (and the founding of a games company Alten8), both through physical retail of classic games, and development of retro titles on modern formats. Paul has forged close personal connections to classic developers for platforms including the Commodore 64 and Sinclair Spectrum and champions the scene whenever possible.
Paul conceived the original Sinclair Spectrum ZX Vega console, after a meeting with Sir Clive Sinclair, the full story of which is in the book Creating the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega. Paul along with fellow director and founder Chris Smith, left the company created as a vehicle for that console, Retro Computers Ltd in April 2016, before the campaign for its second proposed product the Vega+ console had finished, and the company was left in the sole control of David Levy from that point.
The founder and creator of retro gaming hub Retro-Trader, Andrews was responsible for the running (according to the Alexa Internet Traffic Ranking system) the one-time world's most popular online retro Classic Game store.
Recently, Andrews has moved into writing for film and television, and is the writer and producer of Concrete Surfer and A Dream of Christmas 4D. Since 2010, Andrews has also been working on several film and TV projects, such as The Book Show with co-host James Whale.
Andrews also has on-going involvement or association with numerous other technology start-up ventures, and often consults, or advises these technology incubator companies.
- Hibbert, Katharine (2010-05-23). "The greatest stories almost never told". timesonline.co.uk. London.
- "Kaasa Interview - Commodore 64 on Virtual Console". vc-reviews.com. 2008-10-21. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Classic British video games to feature at retro expo". theinquirer.net. 2005-07-27. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Sinclair, Sir Clive; Andrews, Paul; Levy, David; Smith, Chris (2015-08-13). Creating the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega. Retro Computers Ltd. ISBN 9781785382901.
- "Retro Trader @ Alexa". alexa.com. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Weitzman, Simon (2008-06-23), Concrete Surfer: Skateboard Tricks and Tips, retrieved 2016-07-21
- "Dream of Christmas 4D release". nestor.misnk.
- "Paul Andrews". IMDb. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "home » The Book Show". www.thebookshow.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-21.