||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
18 January 1943 |
Liverpool, Lancashire, England
|Other names||Paul Angels|
|Relatives||Michael Angelis (brother)|
He attended St Francis Xavier's Grammar School, Liverpool and St Mungo's Academy, Glasgow  then worked for merchant banks for six years before training as an actor at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Having moved to London he then toured with a children's theatre company.
Television and film appearances
He has appeared in many British television programmes such as George and Mildred,Callan, The Liver Birds, The Onedin Line, Man About The House, Quiller, The Sweeney, The Gentle Touch, Bergerac, Armchair Theatre, Z-Cars, Softly, Softly, Robin's Nest, Juliet Bravo, Casualty,The Grimleys and Porridge as the tattooed former seafarer 'Navy Rum'.
He also played Alf Garnett's son-in-law Mike in the 1972 film The Alf Garnett Saga. Other feature films include The Mini-Affair (1967), Otley (1968), Battle of Britain (1969), Sweeney! (1977), Hussy (1980), For Your Eyes Only (1981) and Runners (1983).
Angelis' younger brother, Michael, is also an actor.
- The Mini-Affair (1967) - 2nd Car Policeman
- Yellow Submarine (1968) - Ringo / Chief Blue Meanie / George / Narrator (voice)
- Otley (1968) - Constable
- Battle of Britain (1969) - Albert (uncredited)
- Foursome (1972) - Dubbed Male Voices (voice, uncredited)
- The Alf Garnett Saga (1972) - Mike Rawlins
- Sweeney! (1977) - Secret Serviceman
- Force 10 from Navarone (1978) - Lieutenant (voice, uncredited)
- Hussy (1980) - Alex Denham
- For Your Eyes Only (1981) - Karageorge
- Runners (1983) - The Radio Station - Tony Gavin
- B. Monkey (1998) - Gangster
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|