This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bangay has received the following awards:
2001 - Centenary Medal awarded for outstanding achievement within the Australian community at the commencement of the new century. In particular, for service in designing and constructing the 'Aids Garden' at the Alfred Hospital.
Bangay began contributing to landscape design literature in 1996 with his first book, The Defined Garden and has since written five other books which include:
- The Defined Garden (1996)
- The Boxed Garden (1998)
- The Balanced Garden (2003)
- The Enchanted Garden (2005)
- Paul Bangay's Garden Design Handbook (2008)
- Paul Bangay's Guide to Plants (2011)
Each of Bangay's books have been accompanied by photographs by noted food, garden and interiors photographer Simon Griffiths.
Bangay's designs are featured in books and magazines- recent entries include:
- House and Garden Aus. May 2011
- Rural Australian Gardens by Myles Baldwin
- Kitchen Gardens of Australia by Kate Herd
- Hamptons Gardens by Jack Delashmet
Janelle McCulloch in "The Modern Kitchen Garden" (2011) said he has "extraordinary talent and creativity" and said that his designs are noted for "precise angles, perfect symmetry, strong sight lines and rich detail."
-  Crittall, Ron; Atkinson, Lee; Llewellyn, Marc and Mylne, Lee,"Frommer's Australia 2010," Wiley, 2010. ISBN 978-0-470-48214-8. Page 650. Retrieved 4 November 2011
-  McCulloch, Janelle "The modern kitchen garden: design, ideas and practical tips,"The Images Publishing Group, 2011. Page 95. ISBN 978-1-86470-421-1 Retrieved 4 November 2011.