||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Church||The Rowan Tree Church|
With his partner, Beyerl maintains a 45,000-square-foot (4,200 m2) botanical garden on Rose Hill in Kirkland, Washington, which serves as a classroom and a place where students and visitors are able to see medicinal herbs and ornamental plants as they grow.
Beyerl is known as an herbal educator, with a number of publications in the field. He has taught at Bellevue Community College and teaches courses in herbal medicine at Seattle Central Community College and Cascadia College. The Hermit's Grove, which he founded, offers a Master Herbalist certification program.
His teachings about herbs focus on their spiritual and scientific/medical properties.
In addition to the Hermit's Grove, Beyerl is the founder of the Rowan Tree Church, a Wiccan church that emerged in the mid-1970s in Minneapolis, Minnesota. and was incorporated in 1980. He also founded the Mystery School of the Tradition of Lothloriën, which provides extensive studies leading to ordination, in 1981. Beyerl taught in Dallas for two years and in 1991 moved to Los Angeles, California to teach for three years. In 1994 he relocated to Kirkland, Washington, a move which included moving the home office of the Rowan Tree Church.
Beyerl began publishing a Wiccan newsletter - The Unicorn - in 1977. It is now among the longest-published Wiccan newsletters in North America, in continuous publication since 1977.
- The Master Book of Herbalism (1984) Phoenix Publishing (ISBN 0-919345-53-0)
- A Wiccan Bardo: Initiation and Self-Transformation originally published by Prism Press in England and the U.S. (ISBN 1-85327-036-9) and by Unity Press in Australia in 1989.
- Painless Astrology (1997) Hermit's Grove (ISBN 0-9655687-0-9)
- The Holy Books of the Devas (1998) The Hermit's Grove (ISBN 0-9655687-1-7)
- A Compendium of Herbal Magick (1998) Phoenix Publishing (ISBN 0-919345-45-X)
- A Wiccan Bardo, Revisited (1999) The Hermit’s Grove (ISBN 0-9655687-2-5)
- The Symbols and Magick of Tarot (2005) The Hermit's Grove (ISBN 0-9655687-4-1)
- Gem and Mineral Lore (2005) The Hermit's Grove (ISBN 0-9655687-3-3)
- The Arts of Healing - Lecture on cassette (ACE)
- Initiation and Initiatory Orders (Panel Discussion with Ian Corrigan, Liafal, and Donald Michael Kraig) (ACE)
- Bond, Lawrence & Ellen Evert Hopman (1996) People of the Earth: The New Pagans Speak Out. (reissued as Being a Pagan: Druids, Wiccans & Witches Today in 2002: Destiny Books ISBN 0-89281-904-9) Interview.
- Lewis, James & Shelley Rabinovitch (2002) The Encyclopedia of Modern Witchcraft and Neo-Paganism. Citadel ISBN 0-8065-2407-3, ISBN 978-0-8065-2407-8
- O'Gaea, Ashleen (2003) In the Service of Life: A Wiccan Perspective on Death. C Trade Paper ISBN 0-8065-2444-8, ISBN 978-0-8065-2444-3
- Raeburn, Jane (2001) Celtic Wicca: Ancient Wisdom for the 21st Century. Citadel ISBN 0-8065-2229-1, ISBN 978-0-8065-2229-6