This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Academic, author, consultant|
Paul Beynon-Davies (born 1957) is a British academic, author and consultant.
Before taking up an academic post he worked for several years in the ICT industry in the UK as a programmer and business analyst both in the public and private sectors. He entered academia in the mid 1980s and has held positions at the University of Glamorgan, Swansea University and most recently at Cardiff University. His inter-disciplinary interests began with this PhD thesis which considered the application of computing in ethnography. Over nearly three decades of work he has published on a wide range of topics ranging from the nature of informatics, electronic business, electronic government, information systems planning, information systems development and database systems. Details of some of these publications are included below.
His most recent programme of work involves considering the fundamental nature of informatics in terms of the intersection of signs and systems. Some of this work has already been published
A book describing this work is published by Palgrave/Macmillan. More recently he has been developing a new design theory for business analysis which is theory-driven but practical in application.
Paul Beynon-Davies still lives in South Wales and is married with three children.
- Beynon-Davies P. (1992). Systemes d'information. Afnor. Translated by David Avison.
- Beynon-Davies P. (1991). Expert Database Systems: A Gentle Introduction. McGraw-Hill, Basingstoke.
- Beynon-Davies P. (1991). Relational Database Systems. McGraw-Hill, Basingstoke.
- Beynon-Davies P. (1992). Knowledge Engineering for Information Systems. McGraw-Hill, Basingstoke.
- Beynon-Davies P. (1992). Relational Database Design. McGraw-Hill, Basingstoke.
- Beynon-Davies P. (1997). Analysing Information Systems Failures: a practical approach. Pitman/THES Publications, London, UK.
- Beynon-Davies P. (1998). Information Systems Development: an introduction to information systems engineering. 3rd Ed. Macmillan.
- Beynon-Davies, P. (1998). Systemy Baz Danych. Warsaw, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne.
- Beynon-Davies, P. (1999). Inzynieria Systemow Informacyjnych. Warsaw, Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne.
- Beynon-Davies P. (2002). Information Systems: an introduction to informatics in Organisations. Palgrave, Basingstoke, UK. ISBN 0-333-96390-3
- Beynon-Davies P. (2004). E-Business. Palgrave, Basingstoke. ISBN 1-4039-1348-X
- Beynon-Davies P. (2004). Database Systems 3rd Edition. Palgrave, Basingstoke, UK. ISBN 1-4039-1601-2
- Beynon-Davies P. (2011) Significance: Exploring the Nature of Information, Systems and Technology ISBN 0-230-27519-2
- Beynon-Davies P. (2013). Business Information Systems. 2nd edition. Palgrave, Basingstoke. ISBN 978-0-230-20368-6
- Beynon-Davies P. (2013). eBusiness. 2nd edition. Palgrave, Basingstoke. ISBN 1-4039-1348-X
- Beynon-Davies P. (2009). Business Information Systems. Palgrave, Basingstoke
- Professor Paul Beynon-Davies, Cardiff Business School. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- Beynon-Davies P. (2011). Significance: exploring the nature of information, systems and technology. Palgrave, Basingstoke, UK.