Paul Bird Motorsport
|Paul Bird Motorsport|
|2015 name||PBM Kawasaki|
|Base||Penrith, Cumbria, England|
|Rider(s)||67 Shane Byrne
5 Stuart Easton
66 Ian Hutchinson (selected races)
83 Danny Buchan (selected races)
|Riders' Championships||Shane Byrne x3
British Superbike 2003
British Superbike 2012
British Superbike 2014
The team competes in the British Superbike Championship, and managed the Kawasaki World Superbike team until 2011. They competed in the 2012 MotoGP season with an ART-Aprilia bike entered to CRT regulations ridden by James Ellison.
Also in 2014 Ian Hutchinson joined Paul Bird Motorsport for a few rounds of Pirelli National Superstock 1000 competition on the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team, after which he again competed in the Macau road GP on Shane Byrne's superbike, but without his previous year's success, overshooting a corner and retiring after a low-speed fall. The race was won by PBM rider Stuart Easton.
For 2015 Hutchinson competed in selected BSB rounds and Paul Bird's first foray into racing on closed public roads in UK, involving the North West 200 and the Ulster Grand Prix in Northern Ireland and also in the Isle of Man TT races, where he won three TT races and a TT Championship.
On 16th October 2015 Paul Bird Motorsport announced their partnership with Be Wiser Insurance and that the BSB team for 2016 would consist of four-time BSB champion Shane Byrne and Glenn Irwin, riding Ducati Panigale Rs.
- "Rallying". Paul Bird Motorsport. pbmuk Limited. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Kawasaki to drop PBM, Sykes for 2012". Crash.net (Crash Media Group). 5 September 2011. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Birt, Matthew (23 March 2012). "James Ellison's 2012 MotoGP livery revealed". Motor Cycle News (Bauer Media Group). Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- Birt, Matthew (11 August 2014). "Paul Bird planning BSB super team after quitting MotoGP". Motor Cycle News (Bauer Media Group). Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- Birt, Matthew (11 December 2014). "Paul Bird MotoGP machinery up for sale". Motor Cycle News (Bauer Media Group). Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Easton and Byrne re-united with Bird for 2014 BSB series". Yahoo! Eurosport (TF1 Group). 7 October 2013. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Stuart Easton wins Macau GP MC News Retrieved 23 April 2015
- Hutchinson ready to fight for the TT crown in 2015 Bikesport News, 20 October 2014, Retrieved 23 April 2015
- 2015 Supersport TT Race 1 results Retrieved 29 September 2015
- 2015 Supersport TT Race 2 results Retrieved 29 September 2015
- 2015 Superstock TT race results Retrieved 29 September 2015
- "PBM announce Be Wiser, Ducati and Irwin for 2016". Retrieved 24 November 2015.