|Birth name||Paul Norris Bollenback|
June 6, 1959|
Hinsdale, Illinois, U.S.
Paul Bollenback (born June 6, 1959, Hinsdale, Illinois) is a jazz guitarist who has appeared on Entertainment Tonight, The Tonight Show, The Today Show, Joan Rivers, and Good Morning America. He has performed with Charlie Byrd, Herb Ellis, Arturo Sandoval, Joey DeFrancesco, Stanley Turrentine, Scott Ambush, and Della Reese. He is cited as a guitarist who uses modern quartal harmony.
Bollanbeck lived in India with his family when he was 11. After three years, the family returned to the U.S. and Bollenbeck began listening to rock music. He put down his nylon-string guitar and picked up an electric. He cites his discovery of Miles Davis as a pivotal moment in his life. He attended the University of Miami. In 1997, he began teaching at American University.
- Original Visions (Challenge, 1995)
- Double Gemini (Challenge, 1997)
- Soul Grooves (Challenge, 1999)
- Dreams (Challenge, 2001)
- Double Vision (Challenge, 2004)
- Brightness of Being (Elefant Dreams, 2006)
- Invocation (Elefant Dreams, 2007)
- Snapshot (HighNote, 2009)
- Portraits in Space and Time (Mayimba Music, 2014)
With Carol Sloane
- I Never Went Away (HighNote, 2001)
With Gary Thomas
- Seida, Linda. "Paul Bollenback | Biography & History | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- Floyd, Tom (2004). Quartal harmony & voicings for guitar. Pacific: Mel Bay. p. 4. ISBN 0-7866-6811-3.
- "Paul Bollenback | Album Discography | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 11 September 2016.