|Full name||Paul Bosvelt|
|Date of birth||26 March 1970|
|Place of birth||Doetinchem, Netherlands|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|1989–1994||Go Ahead Eagles||139||(27)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Paul Bosvelt (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈpʌul ˈbɔsfɛlt], born 26 March 1970) is a retired Dutch footballer who played as a midfielder. He played for Go Ahead Eagles and Twente before making his big move to Feyenoord in 1997.
Bosvelt went on to develop a reputation as a fearsome midfield general at de Kuip, making 167 appearances, during which he led Feyenoord to the league title in 1999 and won the UEFA Cup. In 2003, Bosvelt joined Manchester City, where he played an important role in the team. However, after two seasons he returned to Netherlands where he finished his career at Heerenveen.
Bosvelt made his debut for the Netherlands in a March 2000 friendly match against Belgium and earned a total of 24 caps, scoring no goals. He played in Euro 2000 and Euro 2004. During Euro 2000, he reached the semi-final with Netherlands. Bosvelt missed an important penalty kick in the penalty shootout in the semi-finals, which led to a 3–1 defeat against Italy. After Euro 2004 he decided to retire from international football.
In summer 2016 Bosvelt was named coach at Jong FC Twente next to his position as an assistant at Netherlands U-21.
- "Paul Bosvelt - International Appearances". The Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation.
- Paul Bosvelt voor twee jaar naar Man City - Voetbal International (in Dutch)
- sc Heerenveen contracteert Paul Bosvelt - Heerenveen (in Dutch)
- Intl career stats Archived 2016-11-05 at the Wayback Machine - Ons Oranje (in Dutch)
- Paul Bosvelt trainer van de beloften van FC Twente - RTV Oost (in Dutch)
- Paul Bosvelt at National-Football-Teams.com
- Official website (in Dutch)
- Photos and stats at sporting-heroes.net
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a midfielder, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|