|Relatives||Bob Newhart (uncle)|
Paul Brittain (born February 16, 1977) is an American actor and comedian. He was a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 2010–2012.
Life and career
Brittain was born and raised in Naperville, Illinois. He graduated from Naperville North High School in 1995. He attended the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, where he majored in finance and Spanish, graduating in 2000. He is a veteran performer at the iO Theater in Chicago where he trained with SNL castmate Vanessa Bayer and performed as a member with numerous improv and sketch groups. He has appeared on Sports Action Team.
Brittain is the nephew of actor Bob Newhart.
Saturday Night Live
Brittain joined the cast of Saturday Night Live for the 36th season on September 25, 2010. His most memorable recurring characters included Lord Cecil Wyndemere (a childlike, 48-year-old lord), Goran "Funky Boy" Bogdan (a Croatian stand-up comic who punctuates his jokes with "Oooh, funky boy!"), and "Sex Ed" Vincent (a low-rent sex counselor who holds seminars in shady hotels). Brittain's popular celebrity impressions included Ron Paul, James Franco, and Johnny Depp. Brittain's uncle, Bob Newhart hosted SNL in its fifth (1979–1980) and 20th (1994–1995) seasons, making Brittain the second SNL cast member to be the nephew of a celebrity who hosted SNL more than once (after Jason Sudeikis, whose uncle is semi-frequent 1990s host George Wendt).
Brittain exited SNL midway through his second season, making his final appearance on January 14, 2012.
- Marius, one of French teens in "Les Jeunes de Paris"
- Goran "Funky Boy" Bogdan, a Croatian stand-up comic
- "Sex" Ed Vincent, a middle-aged "sex expert" who holds couples seminars
- Lord Cecil Wyndemere, a foppish man-child who's actually 48 years old
- Johnny Depp
- James Franco
- Vili Fualaau
- Harry Reid
- Dax Holt
- Ron Paul
- Michael Gelman
- Osama bin Laden
- Tom Felton (as Draco Malfoy)
|2012||Hotel Transylvania||Zombie/Hydra||Voice role|
|2013||Grown Ups 2||Male Cheerleader|
|2015||The Night is Young||Connor|
|2015||Nigel & Oscar vs. the Sasquatch||Nigel|
|2010–2012||Saturday Night Live||Himself / Various Characters||Featured Member |
Seasons 36 and 37
|2013||Hello Ladies||Paul||Season 1, Episode 7: "The Wedding"|
|2013–2014||Trophy Wife||Tevin||Recurring role, 5 episodes: |
Season 1, Episode 4: "The Break-Up"
Season 1, Episode 14: "Foxed Lunch"
Season 1, Episode 16: "The Wedding, Part One"
Season 1, Episode 18: "Couples Therapy"
Season 1, Episode 21: "Back to School"
|2014||Kroll Show||The Kid / Mateas Soto||Season 2, Episode 5: "Krolling Around with Nick Klown" |
Season 2, Episode 6: "Mother Daughter Sister Wife"
|2014–2015||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Jones Calvins / Richard Bunn||Season 3, Episode 3: "Jenna Fischer Wears a Floral Blouse & Black Heels"|
Season 4, Episode 28: "Randall Park Wears Brown Dress Shoes With Blue Socks"
|2017||Shrink||Gil Reeves||Episode: "Cool Ranch"|
- "Paul Brittain on Saturday Night Live - Interview".
- Moynihan, Rob. "SNL's Fab Four", TV Guide, March 7, 2011, Pages 44-45
- O'Connor, Rod. "Paul Brittain - Interview". TimeOut Chicago. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "NBC Media Centre - NBC'S 'SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE' PREMIERES SEPTEMBER 25 WITH SNL ALUM AMY POEHLER & CHART-TOPPING MUSICAL GUEST KATY PERRY". Nbcuniversal.presscentre.com. 2010-09-07. Archived from the original on 2012-03-11. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "Paul Brittain". Just For Laughs. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- "Is Bob Newhart Returning to TV? - Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. 2010-10-07. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Stack, Tim (January 31, 2012). "'Saturday Night Live' scoop: Cast member Paul Brittain to leave immediately -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 27, 2012.