|Born||Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham|
|Occupation||Entertainer, mentalist, hypnotist, presenter, writer|
|Known for||Performing, Presenting, Writing|
Paul Brook is a professional British presenter, author, mentalist and performer. He has written over twenty books on the subject of mentalism and in particular psychological mind reading. Paul is a fully paid member of Equity. Brook is also a Vegan, Atheist and a Skeptic.
Brook was born and raised in Birmingham, West Midlands, he still resides in the West Midlands in the market town of Willenhall. From a young age Brook had an interest in the subjects of the mind, especially that of hypnosis. In the early years of his career he was a psychotherapist and ran his own therapy practice in Birmingham.
In 2004 Brook decided to start entertaining full-time and became a professional psychological mind reader.
October 2007, was the first public stage show of Brook's material. The show Open to Influence took place over two nights (18 and 19 October) and was described by a reviewer, "...the audience were clearly enjoying themselves. The work Paul had put into the show was evident, and the smoothness with which it ran was exemplary."
April 2008, Brook lectured alongside Marc Paul, Enrique Enríquez and David Berglas in London. The lectures were on the psychological nature of mystery entertainment. A reviewer for the lecture wrote, "Already hailed as a must read for all mentalists, Alchemical Tools has taken the mentalist community by storm."
Throughout 2012 and 2013 Paul was an on-set Executive Consultant for a 10 episode mind reading and magic television series called 'Draíocht' starring Irish TV personality and magician Rua and created by Midas Productions. The show was first broadcast in the Spring of 2014 on the channel TG4.
April and May 2014, Brook toured the United Kingdom and Europe with the Panasonic Roadshow. During the five weeks Brook presented information about the latest technology that Panasonic has to offer and was able to perform in ways that were analogous to these technologies.
July 2016, Paul was a guest lecturer at the 'MINDS 3' mentalism convention in Newcastle upon Tyne lecturing alongside Luke Jermay, Jorge Garcia, Alex McAleer, Dee Christopher, Harry Lucas and Mark Chandaue.
May 2017, Paul filmed an 'At The Table' lecture for Murphy’s Magic Supplies, U.S.A.
July 2017, Brook was part of a public theatre show on the Grand Pier, Weston-super-Mare.
- The Brook Test (2007)
- Good Vibrations (2007)
- The Gift: the 14th step to mentalism (2007)
- On Mephisto's Shoulder (2007)
- The Alchemical Tools (2008)
- Thought Reader Card (2008)
- You Know Who Card (2008)
- Locked In Thought (2008)
- The Chrysalis of a Polymath (2009)
- Double Blank Svengali Deck (2009)
- One In The Hand (2009)
- Two In The Bush (2009)
- Underhanded (2009)
- Juxtapose (2010)
- The Book of Lies (2010)
- This Way Up [limited edition] (2011)
- Mind Power Secrets ISBN 978-0-244-67462-5 (2011)
- NIX4 [limited edition] (2013)
- Around The Table (2015)
- The Big Connection (2015)
- NetWorker Deck (2016)
- Loyalty (2016)
- Trade Show Mentalism - Lecture Notes (2016)
- Choose Me (2017)
- Cool Beans (2017)
Brook's works have been praised by a long list of prominent members within the field of mentalism, such as Andy Nyman, Bob Cassidy, Marc Salem, Keith Barry, Marc Paul, John Archer, Jeff McBride, Richard Osterlind, Colin Cloud, to name a few.
- "Twitter Profile Information". Twitter. PaulBrookSays.
- "West Midlands Stop Smoking". Hypnotherapistregister.com. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Paul's Old Practice Listing". Fyple.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Regal, David (September 2007). Genii. 9. 70: 101 GENII Magazine http://geniimagazine.com/ GENII Magazine Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
- Brown, James. MAGIC BUNNY Forum "MAGIC BUNNY Forum" Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved April 2007. Check date values in:
- Smith, Phill. "Stage Show Review". MagicWeek. Retrieved October 2007. Check date values in:
- Webb, Andrew (April 2008). "Tabula Mentis Lecture Review" (PDF): 5–6. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Shaw, Phil (September 2009). "MAGICSEEN Magazine". Magicseen. 4. 5: 63.
- Shaw, Phil (March 2010). "MAGICSEEN Magazine". Magicseen. 1. 6: 50–51.
- "ArtsFest Birmingham". Artsfest.org.uk. Retrieved September 2012. Check date values in:
- "Draiocht Tg4". YouTube. Midas Productions.
- Paul Brook [@PaulBrookSays] (13 April 2014). "Mega great fun for the next 5 weeks with the Panasonic Roadshow. Dress Rehearsal today in Gatwick. #Host #Performer" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Penguin Magic Lecture".
- "MINDS 3 Lecture".
- "Ask Paul Podcast".
- Nyman, Andy. "Review of 'The Brook Test'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Cassidy, Bob. "Review of 'This Way Up'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Salem, Marc. "Review of 'This Way Up'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Barry, Keith. "Review of 'On Mephisto's Shoulder'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Paul, Marc. "Review of 'The Book of Lies'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Archer, John. "Review of 'This Way Up'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- McBride, Jeff. "Review of 'On Mephisto's Shoulder'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Osterlind, Richard. "Review of 'The Brook Test'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- McLeod, Colin. "Review of 'The Alchemical Tools'". PaulBrook.co.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2012.