Bulcke in 2016
|Alma mater||Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School|
Paul Bulcke (born 8 September 1954) is a Belgian businessman who is the chairman and former CEO of Nestlé.
He graduated as a commercial engineer at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and is an alumnus of the Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School. He also attended the program for executive development at the Swiss leading business school International Institute for Management Development (IMD) in Lausanne.
In 1979, aged 25, he started working for the Nestlé group and worked in different countries, including Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Portugal, Czech Republic and Germany. Before his appointment as CEO of Nestlé, he was the executive vice president of its Americas divisions.
Bulcke has described Nestlé under his tenure as 'une force tranquille' (English: 'calm strength'). He is known for having a reserved, quiet personal manner.
On August 30, 2012, Bulcke was quoted as saying: "If something isn't given a value, people tend to waste it. Water is our most useful resource, but those using it often don’t even cover the costs of its infrastructure. Fresh water is being massively overused at nature's expense, but it seems only a global crisis will make us realise the importance of the issue. What is environmentally unsustainable today will become socially unsustainable in the future."
Awards and honours
On 25 May 2012, he received the VMA Award from the Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School for his "lifelong career, which has been distinguished by sustained integrity, exceptional management capacity and inspiring leadership".
- "Nestlé chief executive Paul Bulcke is not one for a break, but he loves his Kit Kat". Telegraph. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Nestle Press Release, Jun 27, 2016".
- Vlerick alumnus Paul Bulcke receives 5th VMA Award, 25 May 2012, Vlerick Alumni Archived 15 January 2013 at Archive.today
- "Paul Bulcke". Nestle. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Nestlé chief Paul Bulcke savours the challenge". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
|This business-related Belgian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|