John Paul Burbridge was the Dean of Norwich in the latter part of the 20th century (1983-1995). Born on 21 May 1932, he was educated at The King's School, Canterbury and King's College, Cambridge,  New College, Oxford, and Wells Theological College. After National Service with the Royal Artillery, he was ordained to a curacy at Eastbourne Parish Church in 1959. In 1962 he was appointed vicar choral and chamberlain at York Minster. He was appointed residentiary canon precentor at York Minster in 1966. In 1976 he was appointed Archdeacon of Richmond and canon residentiary at Ripon Cathedral, a post he held until his appointment as Dean of Norwich in 1983 (F.S.A).
Paul Burbridge has a particular interest in model engineering and church history.
- House of Names
- "Church news New Dean of Norwich", The Times 27 January 1983; p.14
- Who's Who 1992 (London, A & C Black ISBN 0-7136-3514-2)
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Precentors of York Minster since 1903
- Debrett's People of Today 1992 (London, Debrett's) ISBN 1-870520-09-2)
|Church of England titles|
David Lawrence Edwards
|Dean of Norwich
Stephen George Platten
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|