Paul Costa (politician)
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
from the 34th district
January 5, 1999 – January 1, 2019
|Preceded by||Ronald R. Cowell|
|Succeeded by||Summer Lee (elect)|
|Spouse(s)||Kathleen Gallant Costa|
|Residence||Wilkins Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||Community College of Allegheny County|
Point Park College
Paul Costa was a Democratic member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives representing the 34th District from 1999 to 2018. He was defeated in the 2018 Democratic primary by progressive challenger Summer Lee.
He graduated from Taylor Allderdice High School in 1978 in the same class as Gary Graff and Maxine Lapiduss. He then studied at Community College of Allegheny County, where he obtained an A.G.S. in 1988, and at Point Park College, earning a B.S. in Accounting in 1994.
He served on the Wilkins Township board of commissioners for three years, including one year as board president, and worked in the Allegheny County prothonotary's office for over two decades. Vice-chairman of the Wilkins Township Democratic Committee since 1992] Costa served as an alternate delegate to that year's Democratic National Convention, which nominated Bill Clinton. He is also a member of the parish council of St. Colman Catholic Church in Turtle Creek.
Costa is married to Kathleen Gallant, with whom he has three children: Michael, Maria, and Dante.
- "SESSION OF 1999 - 183D OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1999-01-05.
- Davis, Adelina Lancianese, Kathleen J. "Progressive Summer Lee Defeats Incumbent Paul Costa In 34th State House District". Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- Balingit, Moriah (November 16, 2010). "State Rep. Costa cited for marijuana". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Paul Costa official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus - Rep. Frank Dermody official Party website