Paul Currie (director)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paul Currie (born 2 March 1968) is an Australian film and television producer and director.
Currie was born in Melbourne, Victoria. He is a founding shareholder of Lightstream Pictures and also Cosmos Pictures, the Australian company which produced the Academy Award-winning Hacksaw Ridge. His directing and producing work spans commercials, TV series, feature films and the staging of large live events. He directed and produced One Perfect Day, for which he was awarded Best Debut Director from the Screen Directors Association of Australia. Early in his career. He also produced the Australian action feature film Under the Sun and co-authored the best selling book, A HERO’S JOURNEY (forwarded by Bryce Courtney, author of THE POWER OF ONE). Paul directed the acclaimed documentaries LIONHEART - THE JESSE MARTIN STORY and EVERY HEART BEATS TRUE: THE JIM STYNES STORY and also served as Creative Director for World Reconciliation Day, a live and multi-camera broadcast event that featured Nelson Mandela and Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter. Paul was nominated as Australian of the Year for co-founding a charity organization called Reach Youth, which has affected the lives of over 500,000 young Australians.
Paul directed the ABC TV series TWENTY-SOMETHING and Executive Produced the cop thriller RAMPART, written by James Ellroy and starring Woody Harrelson, Sigourney Weaver and Robin Wright, and MAX ROSE starring Jerry Lewis. He produced the fantasy adventure film THE KING’S DAUGHTER with Bill Mechanic starring Pierce Brosnan and William Hurt. Paul also co-produced DAVID ATTENBOROUGH’S GREAT BARRIER REEF documentary and he also just finished the psychological thriller 2:22, which he directed and produced that has Michiel Huisman and Teresa Palmer starring in the leading roles. Recently Paul again collaborated with Bill Mechanic producing the highly acclaimed and Academy Award winning Mel Gibson directed HACKSAW RIDGE, which stars Andrew Garfield, Vince Vaughn and Sam Worthington. He also produced the large budget Chinese film that was shot in Australia BLEEDING STEEL starring Jackie Chan and also the Chinese/Australian Co-Production tiled THE LONGEST SHOT. Paul also recently just completed directing the live action opening and ending of LEGO: NINJAGO, which also stars Jackie Chan.
- Lionheart: The Jesse Martin Story (2000) - director, producer
- One Perfect Day (2004 film) (2004) - director, producer, writer
- Every Heart Beats True: The Jim Stynes Story (2010) - director, producer, writer
- Twentysomething (2011) - director
- Rampart (2001 film) (2011) - executive producer
- Max Rose (2013) - executive producer
- David Attenborough's Great Barrier Reef (2015) - associate producer
- Hacksaw Ridge (2016) - producer
- Bleeding Steel (2017) - producer, 2nd unit director
- 2:22 (2017) - director, producer
- Lego Ninjago (2017) - live action director
- The King's Daughter (2018) - producer
- "Good Therapy:Media Room:Paul Currie Talks about the making of One Perfect Day" Archived 20 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved on 2010-2-08.