2 July 1978
Paul Danan (born 1978 in London) is a British actor who played Sol Patrick in the English teen soap opera Hollyoaks between 1997 and 2001. In 2005, Danan appeared as a contestant on the first series of ITV's Celebrity Love Island, and returned for the second series in 2006.
Danan was born in Chigwell, Essex to a Sephardi family, his father was from Fez, Morocco. Danan now lives in Hertfordshire, running a drama club for local children. Danan is the father to one child.
In 2002 Danan played Nathan along side Martin Kemp in the dramatisation Daddy's Girl
In 2006 he presented a television series entitled Test Drive My Girlfriend on ITV2. In the show he acts as a modern-day Cupid and dates the girls first. Danan meets the loveless bachelors to discover why they are single, assesses their love requirements and auditions suitable girls all over the UK to draw up a shortlist of two potential lovers.
In September 2006, Danan appeared in the ITV2 series Calum, Fran and Dangerous Danan, in which he travelled from Texas to Los Angeles on America's U.S. Route 66 with Calum Best and Fran Cosgrave.
- "Love Island final watched by 3.8m". BBC News. 29 August 2006. Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- "Celebrity Big Brothers Bit On The Side". Channel 5. 8 August 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- Jewish Telegraph Profile Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "The Tuesday column: romance". London: The Telegraph. 14 February 2006. Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- "Russell Brand bags comedy award". BBC News. 4 October 2006. Retrieved 2007-10-09.