2 July 1978
Paul Danan (born 2 July 1978) is a British actor who played Sol Patrick in the UK teen soap opera Hollyoaks between 1997 and 2001. In 2005, Danan appeared as a contestant on the first series of ITV's Celebrity Love Island, and returned for the second series in 2006.
In 1995 Danan played Melody's Agent Max Mitford in the CBBC series The Queen's Nose. Between 1997 and 2001 he played Sol Patrick in the UK teen soap opera Hollyoaks. In 2005, he appeared as a contestant on the first series of ITV's Celebrity Love Island. He returned for the second series in 2006.
In 2006 he presented a television series entitled Test Drive My Girlfriend on ITV2. In September 2006, Danan appeared in the ITV2 series Calum, Fran and Dangerous Danan, in which he traveled from Texas to Los Angeles on America's U.S. Route 66 with Calum Best and Fran Cosgrave.
In 2009 Danan was a guest on series 1 and 2 of the Channel 4 sketch show The Kevin Bishop Show. From 2010-11, he co-hosted Stars and Strikes for 4music with presenter Rick Edwards playing a ten-frame ten-pin bowling match against a popstar or group. In November 2012, Danan appeared in an episode of ITV drama Crime Stories. In 2015, he played the character Steve in the TV series Good Girls Club for Sky TV.
Danan was born in Chigwell, Essex to a Sephardic Jewish family. His father was from Fez, Morocco. Danan now lives in Hertfordshire, running a drama club for local children.He has a son called Deniro who was born in September 2015.
- "Love Island final watched by 3.8m". BBC News. 29 August 2006. Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- "The Tuesday column: romance". London, UK: The Telegraph. 14 February 2006. Retrieved 9 October 2007.
- "A pop princess with a vengeance, a Real Housewife with a VERY famous love rival, a Mob Wife and Barry from EastEnders: All-new Celebrity Big Brother line-up promises fireworks". Daily Mail. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Jewish Telegraph Profile Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Russell Brand bags comedy award". BBC News. 4 October 2006. Retrieved 2007-10-09.