Paul Doiron is the author of the Mike Bowditch series of crime novels.
The first book in the Mike Bowditch series, The Poacher's Son, won the Barry Award for Best First Novel and the Strand Critics Award for Best First Novel. It was a nominee for the Edgar Award for Best First Novel and for the Anthony Award for Best First Novel  PopMatters included it in its Best Fiction of 2010 list.
His novelette "Rabid" was a finalist for the 2019 Edgar Award for Best Short Story.
- The Poacher's Son, Minotaur Books, 2010
- Trespasser, Minotaur Books, 2011
- Bad Little Falls, Minotaur Books, 2012
- Massacre Pond, Minotaur Books, 2013
- The Bone Orchard, Minotaur Books, 2014
- The Precipice, Minotaur Books, 2015
- Widowmaker, Minotaur Books, 2016
- Knife Creek, Minotaur Books, 2017
- Stay Hidden, Minotaur Books, 2018
- Almost Midnight, Minotaur Books, 2019
- "The Bear Trap" (short story), Minotaur Books, 2014
- "Rabid" (short story), Minotaur Books, 2018
- "Backtrack" (short story), Minotaur Books, 2019
- Barry Awards Archived 2012-04-23 at the Wayback Machine, Deadly Pleasures, accessed September 3, 2014.
- Strand Magazine, July 7, 2011.
- The Edgars Awards Database, accessed September 3, 2014.
- Anthony Award Nominees and Winners, accessed September 3, 2014.
- "The Best Fiction of 2010". PopMatters. 2010-01-13. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Edgar Award Nominees". www.theedgars.com. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "Down East magazine taps Maine native as first female editor-in-chief", Bangor Daily News, September 18, 2013.
- "Maine Noir | The Yankee Interview: Author Paul Doiron talks about his upcoming novel, Knife Creek; the Maine outdoors; and how a guy named Mike Bowditch changed his life", "Yankee Magazine", May 30, 2017.