|Full name||Paul Dummett|
|Date of birth||26 September 1991|
|Place of birth||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2012||→ Gateshead (loan)||10||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ St Mirren (loan)||30||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:25, 4 March 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 November 2015
Dummett began his career with his local side Newcastle United. After progressing through the youth ranks at the club, he had loan spells at Gateshead and Scottish side St Mirren. He made his Premier League debut in the 2013–14 season and scored his first Premier League goal against Liverpool on 19 October 2013.
Loan to Gateshead
Dummett joined Conference National side Gateshead in March 2012, initially for a month-long loan, which was then extended until the end of the season, helping the team keep six clean sheets from ten matches.
Loans to St Mirren
The following season he was loaned to Scottish Premier League club St Mirren. Dummett made his debut in a 2–0 win over Hearts on 15 September 2012, and scored his first senior goal in a 1–1 draw against St Johnstone.
After returning from his loan spell at St Mirren, Dummett made his debut senior appearance for Newcastle in an FA Cup tie away defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion on 5 January 2013. After the match, Dummett spoke out on his debut, that his Newcastle United debut was a dream come true. He then rejoined St Mirren on 31 January 2013 on loan for the rest of the season. Dummett played the full game for St Mirren in their Scottish Communities League Cup Final 3–2 win over Hearts, the club's first major cup for 26 years. Dummett also set up the second St Mirren goal in the 46th minute, for Steven Thompson, which put the Saints 2–1 up.
Return to Newcastle United
Dummett returned to Newcastle, and signed a one-year contract extension. He made his debut for the club as a substitute during a 4-0 defeat to Manchester City on the opening fixture of the 2013-14 season, coming on after a sending off of fellow defender Steven Taylor and playing the full second half of the game. He scored his first goal for Newcastle in a 2–2 draw at home to Liverpool in October 2013. Just weeks after scoring his goal for the club, Dummett put pen-to-paper on a new contract at Newcastle, signing a deal that could extend until 2019.
On the final day of the season, Dummett made a challenge on Liverpool forward Luis Suárez. Due to knee surgery which jeopardised Suárez's chances of playing at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, fans in his native Uruguay sent online death threats to Dummett.
Dummett started the 2014–15 season as Newcastle's first-choice left-back, with Davide Santon injured and Massadio Haïdara on the bench. Dummett grabbed his second Magpies goal on 25 September 2014, scoring a late winner in extra-time against Crystal Palace in the League Cup. Playing alongside captain Fabricio Coloccini in the centre of defence, Dummett helped Newcastle keep clean sheets in victories over Manchester City and West Bromwich Albion. On 12 January 2016, Dummett scored a 90th minute equalizer against Manchester United in a match that ended in a 3–3 draw at St James' Park.
Dummett qualifies to play for Wales through his Welsh grandfather. He was capped at under-21 level for Wales. He made his senior debut for Wales in the match against the Netherlands on 4 June 2014, coming in as a substitute in the 83rd minute. Dummett played his second international match on 13 November 2015, again against the Netherlands, coming on for Neil Taylor in 65th minute. In May 2016, Dummett was listed for the 29-man squad for a pre-Euro 2016 training camp. However, Dummett was among six players to be cut for the Euro 2016 squad.
- As of 4 March 2017
|Club||Season||League||National Cup[a]||League Cup[b]||Total|
|Gateshead (loan)||2011–12||Conference Premier||10||0||0||0||0||0||10||0|
|St Mirren (loan)||2012–13||Scottish Premier League||30||2||3||0||3||0||36||2|
|Newcastle United||2012–13||Premier League||0||0||1||0||0||0||1||0|
- As of 8 January 2016.
|Wales national team|
- St Mirren
- "Barclays Premier League Squad Numbers 2013/14". Premier League. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Newcastle United - Paul Dummett". Newcastle United. 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Debutant Paul Dummett is desperate to be talk of the Toon". Chronicle Live. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "Gateshead sign Dummett on loan". Gateshead FC. 5 March 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Dummett Deal Extended". Gateshead FC. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Games played by Paul Dummett in 2011/2012". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- King, Dan (31 August 2012). "Dummett Is Buddies-Bound". www.nufc.co.uk. Newcastle United FC. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Defender In On Loan". www.saintmirren.net. St Mirren FC. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "St Mirren 1 St Johnstone 1: Buddies salvage point against nine-man Saints". Daily Record. 9 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Paul Dummett to return to Newcastle following St Mirren loan". STV. 4 January 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Paul Dummett thrilled with Newcastle debut". Tribal Football. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "St Mirren: Paul Dummett returns for new loan spell". BBC Sport. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "St Mirren 3 Hearts 2: Buddies bounce back from a goal behind to win the League Cup Final". Daily Record. 17 March 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Conor Newton and Paul Dummett have agreed new deals at Newcastle". Sky Sports. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Manchester City 4-0 Newcastle United". BBC Sport. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "First Goal For Dummett As 10-Man Newcastle Make Point". Sky Tyne & Wear. 19 October 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Mandeep Sanghera BBC Sport. "Newcastle United 2-2 Liverpool".
- "Luis Suarez injury: Uruguay fans blame Newcastle's Paul Dummett". BBC Sport. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Crystal Palace 2–3 Newcastle United (aet)". BBC Sport. 24 September 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Manchester City vs. Newcastle United – 29 October 2014". Soccerway. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "West Bromwich Albion vs. Newcastle United – 9 November 2014". Soccerway. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Paul Dummett profile". nufc.co.uk. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Gareth Bale left out of Wales' Euro 2016 training squad because of Champions League commitments". Wales Online. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Euro 2016: Huddersfield Town transfer target makes Wales squad but Emyr Huws cut". The Huddersfield Examiner. 31 May 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- Paul Dummett at Soccerway
- Paul Dummett at National-Football-Teams.com