Paul E. Jacobs
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|Paul E. Jacobs|
Paul E. Jacobs at the World Economic Forum annual meeting in 2010
|Born||October 30, 1962|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
|Occupation||Executive Chairman of Qualcomm|
|Parent(s)||Irwin M. Jacobs|
Dr. Jacobs is the son of Dr. Irwin M. Jacobs, Qualcomm's founder. Following his father into electrical engineering, he received a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in 1984, an M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering in 1986 and a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in 1989 from the University of California, Berkeley.
Paul E. Jacobs has been Executive Chairman of Qualcomm Incorporated since March 2009. He had been the Chief Executive Officer of the company from July 2005 to March 2014, and previous to that date served as the Group President of Qualcomm Wireless and Internet Group from July 2001. Jacobs started with the company as an engineer in the wireless technology development group in 1990.
Awards and Honors
- 2007–2014 Institutional Investor, List of America’s Best (Telecom Sector) - Best CEO
- 2008 Berkeley Engineering Innovation Award
- 2008 Radio Club of America, The Sarnoff Citation
- 2009 IEEE CASS Industrial Pioneer Award
- 2010 Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award
- 2011 Laptop Magazine, 25 Most Influential People in Mobile
- 2011 NCAFP Global Business Leadership Award
- 2011–2012 Global Telecoms Business, Power 100
- 2012 VentureBeat, Top Ten Mobile Movers
- 2012 FORTUNE, Ten Brilliant Technology Visionaries
- 2012 Samsung Award of Honor
- 2013 Sesame Workshop, Corporate Leadership Award
- 2013 Edison Achievement Award
- 2014 GSMA Chairman’s Award
- "Paul E. Jacobs Ph.D.: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "Qualcomm Leadership: Dr. Paul E. Jacobs". Qualcomm. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- Paul Jacobs to step down as Qualcomm CEO; Steve Mollenkopf to take over, BGR.in
- McCafferty, Dennis (April 8, 2014). "The Top 10 CEOs at U.S. Tech Companies". 2 (second place).
- "Distinguished Industry Leader Award Winner Biographies". IEEE Communications Society. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "IEEE Ernst Weber Managerial Leadership Award". IEEE Communications Society. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paul E. Jacobs.|