Paul Ferguson (bishop)
Ferguson was educated at Birkenhead School; New College, Oxford; and Westcott House, Cambridge. He was made a deacon at Petertide 1985 (30 June), by Ronald Brown, Bishop of Birkenhead, at St Mary-without-the-Walls, Chester, and ordained a priest the Petertide following (29 June 1986), by Michael Baughen, Bishop of Chester, at Chester Cathedral. After a curacy at St Mary, Chester he was Curate, Chaplain, Sacrist and Precentor at Westminster Abbey from 1988 to 1995. After this he was Precentor and a Residentiary Canon at York Minster until his appointment as Archdeacon of Cleveland in 2001.
- "Paul John Ferguson". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- WHITBY, Bishop Suffragan of’, Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016 ; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 12 March 2017
- "Petertide ordinations". Church Times (#6386). 5 July 1985. p. 16. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 7 May 2019 – via UK Press Online archives.
- "Petertide ordinations". Church Times (#6438). 4 July 1986. p. 15. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 7 May 2019 – via UK Press Online archives.
- "Suffragan Bishop of Whitby: Paul John Ferguson". News. GOV.UK. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Consecrations of two new North Yorkshire bishops". BBC News. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|