Paul Frank Industries
||This article needs to be updated. (September 2015)|
|Founded||1995, Huntington Beach, California|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Paul Frank (the original artist and creator of Julius and Friends.|
|Products||apparel, sporting goods, eye-wear, books|
|Parent||Saban Brands Lifestyle Group (owned by Saban Capital Group via Saban Brands)|
Paul Frank Industries (PFI) is a privately held California-based lifestyle products company, selling apparel and accessories.
The firm was founded in 1995 as a partnership between Paul Frank Sunich (usually known as Paul Frank) and two local businessmen Ryan Heuser and John Oswald, making vinyl accessories in a garage as gifts for their friends. From there the wallets and handbags became a local sensation. The firm was formally incorporated in 1998 and has since grown into a global brand with its own stores.
The company has closed the last office Orange County in Costa Mesa, Moving Julius and his friends to Los Angeles on September 27, 2012.
The company continues to design products intended to reflect the original ethos from the garage days - applying themes from music, art and pop culture with an influence from mid century design into everyday objects. The company's iconic character, ‘Julius’ is featured on many of their products, which are available through multiple retailers and their own stores.
The firm is involved with various philanthropic endeavors that directly benefit children, the arts and the environment. They have partnered with Festival of Children, Boarding for Breast Cancer, The Elton John AIDS Foundation, First Book and The Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. The retail stores host events throughout the year: The Winter Coat Drive, The Annual Book Drive, Earth Day and College Nite.
- "King Features Syndicate". retail-merchandiser.com. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- ": Paul Frank founder issues monkey writ" The Independent on Sunday (London, England) April 9, 2006 
- "Paul Frank leaves namesake company" Daily News Record (Orange County), November 14, 2005 
- "Artist's Suit Draws Different Picture of Firm; Paul Frank alleges he was fired without cause. Executives say he left to pursue other interests." by Leslie Earnest, Los Angeles Times - Mar 17, 2006 
- "Paul Frank seeks more than peanuts" The Age. (Australia) March 22, 2006 
- "Billionaire Saban buys Julius monkey brand". AP. August 17, 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2012.