In 1993 Paul Gauselmann received the Federal Cross of Merit (Bundesverdienstkreuz) (Knight's Cross), in 2003 he has been appointed to be awarded to the Officer's Cross. He is honorary citizen of Espelkamp and Lübbecke.
Gauselmann has had over 200 of his inventions patented. His company makes around 50,000 gaming machines a year.
For many years he has been chairman of the slot machine business association VDAI.
At his 65th birthday, Gauselmann initiated the Gauselmann Foundation, which supports social projects in his hometown Espelkamp.
He supports many organizations, including:
- TuS-N-Lübbecke (Handball-Bundesliga / National German Handball League)
- German Stroke Foundation (Deutsche Schlaganfall Stiftung)
- TV Espelkamp (Tennis Club - National German League)
- Kaiser-Wilhelm statue
Gauselmann is married to Karin Gauselmann. Karin is a member of the supervisory board of Gauselmann AG.
They have four sons:
- Peter Gauselmann
- Michael Gauselmann (Co-CEO Gauselmann AG)
- Armin Gauselmann (member of the board Gauselmann AG)
- Karsten Gauselmann
He has four older brothers: : Heinz, Josef, Eugen and Willi.
- "Forbes". Retrieved 22 November 2016.