Paul Joannides (psychoanalyst)
He is the author of The Guide to Getting it On, a well-known guide on sexuality which is used in college and medical school sex-ed courses in the US and Canada. He was presented with the 2014 Professional Standard of Excellence Award by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists.
Dr. Joannides has been on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Sexual Medicine and the editorial board of the American Journal of Sexuality Education. He was a keynote speaker at the CFLE/Planned Parenthood Sexuality Educator conference and he is an NCAA Health and Safety Grant Speaker for college athletes in the area of human sexuality.
Dr. Joannides has written a chapter titled "The Challenging Landscape of Problematic Sexual Behaviors" in New Directions in Sex Therapy: Innovations and Alternatives, 2nd edition, a chapter titled "Sex in America: From Below the Victorian Belt to the Start of Modern Dating" in Sexual Health (4 volumes), and a guest post in the Bilerico Project titled One Million Moms vs. the Boy Scouts: Intolerance of Biblical Proportions.
- Interview, Oprah Magazine interview in Oprah Magazine with Paul Joannides
- From the Dartmouth College student newspaper 2009
- Goofy Foot Press (2016). About the Author Accessed 17 February 2013.
- The book's page on Amazon.com book's page on Amazon.com
- Colleges which have or are currently using The Guide to Getting it On in their sex-ed courses Colleges using the Guide To Getting It On
- As You Like It blog for Psychology Today
- Dr. Joannides talk at Rice University
- Goofy Foot Press, publisher
- article from the New Jersey Newsroom, Nov 25, 2011 article about the CFLE conference Archived 2011-02-12 at the Wayback Machine
- story in the New York Times Sunday Magazine titled "Teaching Good Sex", 2011 New York Times
- NCAA Health and Safety Public Grant Speaker Information Sheet for Paul Joannides, February 17, 2013 College athletes Archived 2013-04-11 at Archive.today