Paul Johnson (footballer, born 1992)
|Date of birth||5 April 1992|
|Place of birth||Sunderland, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|2010||→ Garforth Town (loan)||?||(?)|
|2011–2012||→ Workington (loan)||12||(1)|
|2012||→ Darlington (loan)||9||(0)|
|2013||→ Workington (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 04:10, 17 November 2014 (UTC).
In May 2011 he signed a new contract with the club. And next season, he had a successful three-month loan spell at Conference North side Workington where he received praise from the Reds' manager Darren Edmondson with him saying ""Paul has been fantastic for us, he's grown as a player and learned more about the game than playing meaningless Reserve games. It's been a pleasure to aid his development. He returns to Hartlepool an improved footballer and shows what effect the non league can have on the development of young talent."
He was an unused substitute in a 2-1 win away at Bury shortly before he was loaned to local rivals Darlington for the rest of the season. He made his debut a day later as he played the full match in a 0–2 league defeat to Ebbsfleet United.
Johnson was released by Hartlepool at the end of the 2012–13 season.
After his release from Hartlepool, it was reported that Workington boss Darren Edmondson tried to get Johnson to join Workington permanently but hit a stumbling block due to wages. Johnson joined Carlisle-based Northern League side Celtic Nation in June, on a one-year deal, where he was reunited with Mick Wadsworth who was Johnson's coach at Hartlepool United.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 474. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- In The Mad Crowd profile
- Hartlepool F.C. official profile
- "Calum Martin latest youngster to sign Hartlepool deal". BBC Sport. 31 May 2010. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- Paul Johnson at Soccerbase
- "Ten players shown door by Hartlepool United". BBC Sport. 11 May 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- Johnson Praised As Reds Loan Ends
- Bury 1-2 Hartlepool United Match Report
- Johnson Joins Darlington On Loan
- "Johnson makes Darlington debut". The Northern Echo. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Johnson Agrees Workington Loan Move". Hartlepool United. 15 February 2013. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Paul Johnson at Soccerway
- "Hartlepool United release six first-team players". BBC Sport. 7 May 2013.
- "Ex-Workington Reds loan star Paul Johnson agrees Celtic Nation switch". News & Star. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Ex-Hartlepool utd player Evan Horwood set to join Tranmere Rovers". Hartlepool Mail. 19 June 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Mass Exodus From Celtic Nation". Pitchero Non League. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2014.