This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
His writing has appeared in a wide range of publications including New Scientist, Times Literary Supplement, Literary Review, New York Review of Science Fiction, Foundation, Science Fiction Studies, Interzone and Strange Horizons. He is a former editor of Vector, the critical journal of the British Science Fiction Association. He is the author of:
- A Very British Genre: A Short History of British Fantasy and Science Fiction (BSFA, 1995)
- What It Is We Do When We Read Science Fiction (Harold Wood, Essex: Beccon Publications, 2008)
- The Arthur C. Clarke Award: A Critical Anthology (Daventry, Northants: Serendip Foundation, 2006)
He was the 2006 recipient of the Clareson Award for outstanding service in the field of science fiction.
- "Kincaid, Paul". Revised 13 November 2014. The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction (sf-encyclopedia.com). Retrieved 2015-03-27. Entry by 'PKi', Paul Kincaid.
- Langford, David; Roberts, Adam (May 2009). Starcombing. Wildside Press LLC. pp. 178–. ISBN 9780809573431. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Hellekson, Karen; Jacobsen, Craig B.; Sharp, Patrick B. (2010-06-06). Practicing Science Fiction: Critical Essays on Writing, Reading and Teaching the Genre. McFarland. pp. 15–. ISBN 9780786447930. Retrieved 24 April 2012.