Paul Lewis (broadcaster)
Lewis was educated at Maidstone Grammar School, a state grammar school in the town of Maidstone in Kent, followed by the University of Stirling, from which he graduated in Psychology in the 1970s.
Life and career
He also regularly appears on other BBC Television programmes such as BBC Breakfast, BBC News Channel and radio programmes such as You and Yours, Woman's Hour, Analysis or news radio programmes like Today, The World at One, and PM.
Lewis has won numerous awards for his financial and broadcast journalism, receiving his first award in 1986. He was given a lifetime achievement award by the Association of British Insurers in 2006, and named Best Broadcast Journalist by the Association of Investment Companies in 2011. He has won the Headline Money Awards Broadcast Journalist of the year five times; most recently in 2013.
- Paul Lewis, "Pay Less Tax", Age Concern Books, London 2009, ISBN 978-0-86242-446-6
- Paul Lewis, "Making Your Money Work for Your Future", Help the Aged, London 2008, ISBN 978-1-84598-028-3
- Paul Lewis, "Beat the Banks", Age Concern Books, London 2008, ISBN 978-0-86242-431-2
- Paul Lewis, "Live Long and Prosper", A&C Black, London 2006, ISBN 0-7136-7502-0
- Paul Lewis, "Money Magic", BBC Books, London 2005, ISBN 978-0-56352-201-0
- William Baker, Andrew Gasson, Graham Law, Paul Lewis, "The Public Face of Wilkie Collins" - The Collected Letters, Pickering & Chatto, London 2005. ISBN 1851967648
Born in Warrington, Cheshire, Lewis is a self-confessed atheist, vegetarian and hippy. He became a professional journalist, after winning an amateur journalist prize in 1986, which also enabled him to live his alternative eco-lifestyle.
- BBC Radio 4 Money Box Presenter Profiles Paul Lewis
- "Paul Lewis – Biography". Debretts. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- University Challenge Christmas special December 2013
- BBC Radio 4, Money Box
- BBC Radio 4, Money Box Live
- BBC World Service, Your Money
- www.paullewis.co.uk Paul Lewis' own website
- The Public Face of Wilkie Collins wilkie-collins.info
- Outstanding individuals receive honorary degrees at Graduation 2013 University of Essex
- Headline Money Roger Anderson interview 17 February 2007