Paul M. Sutter
Paul M. Sutter
|Alma mater||California Polytechnic State University (BS) |
University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (PhD)
|Institutions||Paris Institute of Astrophysics |
Center for Cosmology and Astro-Particle Physics
Sutter received his bachelor of science in physics from California Polytechnic State University in 2005 and received his PhD in physics from the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign in 2011.
His father was a Catholic priest, but Sutter does not speak on his personal views of religion, other than to say that he knows atheists and people of all religious faiths who have reconciled their beliefs with science.
Sutter is a cosmologist and community outreach coordinator with the Department of Astronomy at Ohio State University and the chief scientist at the Center of Science and Industry in Columbus, Ohio.
He hosts several podcasts and a YouTube series, consults for television and film productions, publishes in popular science publications, and gives public lectures on topics in physics and astronomy topics.
In 2017, Sutter received the award for "Best Director" at the Escape Velocity Film Festival for his film Song of the Stars.
- "Expert Voices - Paul Sutter". Space.com. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- "My Research". Paul Sutter. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Markoe, Lauren (July 13, 2017). "Faith and the cosmos: An astrophysicist fields the big questions". Religion News Service. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Bethea, Jesse (March 15, 2016). "Meet Paul Sutter, COSI's New Chief Scientist". Columbus Underground. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Gelber, Ben (March 30, 2018). "New chief scientist of COSI will increase science news content". NBC. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- "Paul Sutter Receives Film Festival Award". The Ohio State University. September 6, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2020.