|Notable works||The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril (2007)
The Astounding, the Amazing, and the Unknown (2011)
Paul Malmont is an American author who has specialized in books considering the style and tropes of popular fiction of the past, making the writers of that popular fiction the heroes and protagonists of his own work.
In his literary debut The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril, published in 2007, Malmont created a 1930s pulp story that featured Walter Gibson (creator of the Shadow), Lester Dent (creator of Doc Savage) and Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.
Malmont's second book, Jack London in Paradise (2009) was a historical novel about Jack London,. His third book, a sequel to his first novel, was The Astounding, the Amazing, and the Unknown (2011) which featured as its protagonists science-fiction authors Robert Heinlein and Isaac Asimov. In 2010, Malmont wrote the first four issues of DC Comics' Doc Savage comic book with artist Howard Porter.
- The Chinatown Death Clowd Peril (2007)
- Jack London in Paradise (2009)
- Doc Savage #1-4 (2010)
- The Astounding, the Amazing, and the Unknown (2011)
- Ron Hogan (24 June 2011). "Shelf Awareness for Friday, June 24, 2011". Shelf Awareness. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Jonah Raskin (4 January 2009). "'Jack London in Paradise' by Paul Malmont". SFGate.com. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "The Astounding, the Amazing, and the Unknown". Kirkus Reviews. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Jeffrey Renaud (19 February 2010). "Paul Malmont gets "Savage"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Paul Malmont. "Backstory". Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Paul Malmont's website
- Interview with Paul Malmont - Mulhollandbooks.com
- Interview with Paul Malmont on Jack London in Paradise
- Article by Paul Malmont - The Quivering Pen