|Born||16 July 1908
|Died||19 March 1968
|Other names||Paul E. Markwitz|
Paul Markwitz (16 July 1908 – 19 March 1968) was a German production designer, art director and set decorator. He worked on over 50 films between 1935 and 1967. He was nominated for an Academy Award in the category Best Art Direction for the film Martin Luther.
- Fruit in the Neighbour's Garden (1935)
- Thunder, Lightning and Sunshine (1936)
- Wedding Night In Paradise (1950)
- Martin Luther (1953)
- Spring Song (1954)
- The Gypsy Baron (1954)
- Precocious Youth (1957)
- The Simple Girl (1957)
- The Count of Luxemburg (1957)
- Munchhausen in Africa (1958)
- The Star of Santa Clara (1958)
- Kay Weniger: Das große Personenlexikon des Films Volume 5, Berlin 2001, ISBN 3-89602-340-3, pg. 281f
- "IMDb.com: Paul Markwitz". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "The 26th Academy Awards (1954) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "AllMovie: Paul Markwitz". allmovie.com. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
|This biographical article related to film in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an art director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|