Paul Martin (Scottish footballer)
|Full name||Paul John Martin|
|Date of birth||8 March 1965|
|Place of birth||Bellshill, Scotland|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|1990||→ Stranraer (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Paul Martin (born 8 March 1965) is a Scottish football former player and coach. Martin played for Kilmarnock, Hamilton Academical, Stranraer (on loan), Dumbarton, Albion Rovers and Queen's Park during a 17-year playing career.
Martin was captain of the Dumbarton Second Division title-winning team of 1991–92. After retiring he coached at Queen's Park and had a couple of caretaker stints there as well serving as assistant manager.
He was then assistant manager to predecessor John McCormack at Albion Rovers. When McCormack moved to Hamilton Academical to become assistant manager to Billy Reid, Martin was promoted to the position of Albion Rovers manager.
As of December 2010, Martin was running a business called One Stop Roofing.
As of May 2012[update]
|Dumbarton||December 2004||June 2006||62||12||15||35||19.35|
|Albion Rovers||July 2008||May 2012||192||64||47||81||33.33|
- Martin sacked as takeover fails, BBC Sport, 3 May 2006.
- Martin in charge at Cliftonhill, BBC Sport, 9 July 2008.
- "Albion Rovers' Martin wins manager award". BBC Sport. 15 October 2010. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- "Irn-Bru Phenomenal Awards for April 2011". Scottish Football League. 13 May 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Albion Rovers clinch SFL2 play-off glory". Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- Alexander, Derek (5 December 2010). "Businessman bidding to buy Rangers is being sued for £90,000 debt". Sunday Mail. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- Paul Martin at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database