Paul Murray Live
|Paul Murray Live|
Paul Murray on set
|Genre||News, Current Affairs, Commentary|
|Presented by||Paul Murray|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||8|
|Running time||2 hours|
|Original network||Sky News Australia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)
|Original release||2010 – present|
|Preceded by||180: The Other Side of the News|
The show revolves around public Twitter discussions and the slogan "this is a show where we tell you what happened today and hopefully by the end of it you'll know what really happened today".
News updates are presented by Sharon McKenzie.
Originally a spin-off from Murray's previous Sky News program 180: The Other Side of the News, Paul Murray Live debuted in 2010 and presents the days news, offering commentary and a panel discussion on what has happened in the last 24 hours.
From 2015, Paul Murray Live will air weeknights, rather than its previous timeslots of Sunday to Thursday evenings throughout 2014, to make way for Hinch Live, which will air Saturday and Sundays as a continuation of the Paul Murray Live brand. From July 2016, the program airs a highlights edition on Friday evenings to allow Murray to host new format Saturday Edition on Saturdays.
On 11 October 2016, during a broadcast of the program from Wentworth Park, viewers on social media noticed that Murray's fly was undone while interviewing the NSW Deputy Premier Troy Grant. Murray resolved the wardrobe malfunction later in the episode.
The program has expanded to 2 hours in 2017, following the ending of SportsNight with James Bracey in 2016. Also in 2017, Paul Murray Live held programs from locations outside the studio with a live audience.
- "Connect: Sky News Live". Sky News Australia. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Derryn Hinch ‘won’t pull any punches’ in his new TV show and Yumi Stynes just might be his first guest". 14 December 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- Knox, David (15 December 2014). "Derryn Hinch joins SKY News". TV Tonight. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Paul Murray and PVO to work weekends too". MediaWeek. 29 June 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Sky News Team - Janine Perrett". Sky News Australia. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- Devlin, Peter (12 October 2016). "'Do up your fly matey': Eagle-eyed viewers spot the awkward moment Paul Murray interviews a guest on live TV with his zip open". Daily Mail Australia. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "James Bracey hosts final SportsNight on Sky News". MediaWeek. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Knox, David (2 March 2017). "Paul Murray Live heads to Perth". TV Tonight. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Knox, David (12 May 2017). "Paul Murray Live: May 15". TV Tonight. Retrieved 12 May 2017.