Paul Ogata on stage in Hong Kong
|Born||November 6, 1968|
Pearl City, Hawaii
Paul Ogata is an American stand-up comedian and actor.
Ogata graduated from the University of Hawaii. In college, he briefly studied Electrical Engineering, a field for which he showed some aptitude as a teen. (Ogata wrote a video game at the age of 13.)
Ogata is an award-winning comedian. In 2004, he was victorious in the TakeOut Comedy Competition, earning the title of "Funniest Asian-American Comedian in the U.S." In 2007, Ogata won the prestigious San Francisco International Comedy Competition, joining a list of previous winners which include Dana Carvey, Sinbad and Jake Johannsen.
- "Porndogs: The Adventures of Sadie" (2009) as Master Dong
- Behind The Smile (2006) as Karate Man
- Amazing Asian (2004) as The Amazing Asian
- Pacific Rim Comedy, Showtime (featured comedian)
- Comics Unleashed, Syndicated (featured comedian)
- Live at Gotham, Comedy Central (featured comedian)
- Late Late Show, CBS (featured comedian)
- Asia Street Comedy',' AZN Television (featured comedian)
- New Year's Comedy Cure, TBS (featured comedian)
- Friday Night, NBC (featured comedian)
- "Paul Ogata Stands Up: Live in Hong Kong" (2010) New Wave Dynamics
- Honolulu Star Bulletin feature, December 16, 2005
- Time Out magazine "10 Things You Didn't Know About Paul Ogata" Archived 2011-07-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- Paul Ogata a Superhero For Young Comedians May 6, 2004
- South China Morning Post "Stand and Deliver" October, 2007
- 2007 San Francisco International Comedy Competition Archived 2008-07-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Honolulu Advertiser article, May 21, 2004
- iTunes Music>Comedy>Paul Ogata