Paul Francis Pelosi
April 15, 1940
|Education||Georgetown University (BS)|
New York University
Nancy D'Alesandro (m. 1963)
|Children||5 (including Christine and Alexandra)|
Paul Francis Pelosi Sr. (born April 15, 1940) is an American businessman who owns and operates Financial Leasing Services, Inc., a San Francisco-based real estate and venture capital investment and consulting firm. In addition, he was the owner of the now-defunct Sacramento Mountain Lions of the United Football League. He is the husband of the current U.S. House speaker, Nancy Pelosi.
Pelosi was born in San Francisco. He sits on many philanthropic and corporate boards. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in foreign service at Georgetown University and has studied at the Stern School of Business at New York University and the Harvard Business School. He has been the chair of the Foreign Service Board at Georgetown since 2009.
After previously investing in the Oakland Invaders of the United States Football League, in 2009 he purchased a franchise in the United Football League for $12 million, the California Redwoods. The Redwoods would later move to Sacramento to become the Sacramento Mountain Lions.
He is the husband of Nancy Pelosi (née D'Alesandro), the 52nd Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. They were married on September 7, 1963, in Baltimore, Maryland, at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen.
Paul and Nancy have five children, Nancy Corinne, Christine, Jacqueline, Paul, and Alexandra, as well as nine grandchildren.
- Young, George H. (August 6, 2012). "Sacramento Mountain Lions Bring UFL Action to Raley Field". Sacramento Press.
- Carpenter, Les (October 17, 2009). "Paul Pelosi, Husband of House Speaker, Takes His Shot at Football". Washington Post. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- "Board of Advisors". Georgetown University. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- McManus, Margaret (February 4, 1995). "Baltimore-bred lawmaker lives, breathes politics". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paul Pelosi.|
- Profile at UFL-Football.com
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|