Paul Rose (TV presenter)
Paul Rose (born 1951) is a British television presenter who mainly works for the BBC. He is an accomplished diver, mountaineer and explorer whose skills and interests led to his role as a documentary presenter. Rose made frequent expeditions to Antarctica, supporting scientists engaged in research, and for eight 6-month seasons was base commander of Rothera Research Station.
In 2011 he co-presented the 4-part BBC Two documentary series Britain's Secret Seas.
Since the mid 2010s, Paul Rose has been involved with a number of walking documentaries made as part of the BBC's commitment to regional programming. In 2016, his 5-part programme Coastal Path series showed Rose on the 630 mile South West Coast Path, with the series originally broadcast as a regional BBC One show for people in the south west and Channel Islands. Coastal Path would go on to be repeated nationally for viewers on BBC Two in the following years and would end up as a BBC Four programme, last broadcast on 27 July 2021.
In 2017 Rose presented a 2-part BBC One documentary on the Yorkshire Wolds Way, a walk of around 80 miles from the Humber to Filey, on the North Yorkshire coast. During the programme, Rose explored the wildlife and geographical features of the landscape he encountered. In the second part of the documentary he took a dramatic glider flight from the Wolds Gliding Club, Pocklington, over part of the Wolds Way.
- Benedictus, Leo (21 February 2009). "The New Seeker". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Oceans: Cast: Paul Rose". BBC Two. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Medals and Awards 1970-2018" (PDF). The Royal Geographical Society. Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- Impact International Archived 2011-10-06 at the Wayback Machine
- "British Antarctic Monument Trust". Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Voyages of Discovery". BBC Four. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Oceans". BBC Two. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Britain's Secret Seas". BBC Two. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "BBC One - Coastal Path - Episode guide".
- "BBC One - Coastal Path".
- "BBC One - Coastal Path, Episode 1".
- "BBC One - Coastal Path, Episode 5".
- "Yorkshire Wolds Way". BBC One. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "The Lakes with Paul Rose". BBC One. Retrieved 29 October 2018.