Paul Rosenberg (music manager)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||August 1, 1971|
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Associated acts||Eminem, Action Bronson, Blink-182, The Knux, Cypress Hill|
As well as managing said artists, Rosenberg is also the co-founder (with Eminem) of hip hop record label Shady Records, founded in 1999. Rosenberg first became involved with Eminem in 1997, during the recording of Slim Shady EP, and has since been featured in a skit (titled "Paul" except on The Eminem Show, where it was called "Paul Rosenberg") on every album since The Slim Shady LP, with the exception of Recovery and The Marshall Mathers LP 2, as a character concerned with the particular record, advising Eminem on steps to take and often ordering him to "tone down" the lyrics or scrap the album completely. With Eminem, Rosenberg co-wrote every skit on the 2009 album Relapse.
Rosenberg is affiliated with Deckstar and Lawrence Vavra, in addition with Steve Aoki and his label Dim Mak Records, working in the management area. Paul is a co-producer for Eminem's hip-hop radio station Shade 45, which is channel 45 on SiriusXM satellite radio. He is currently working with underground rapper Joey Barz and became manager of New York rapper Action Bronson in late 2012, getting him signed to Vice Records and then to his own management firm Goliath Artists.
- "Music Manager Paul Rosenberg Moving On". The Real Estalker. April 30, 2009. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- Dave (August 29, 2005). ""Loyalty" - Paul Rosenberg Interview". Rap Basement. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- "Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP - Paul (Skit) - Track 4 - 2000". Youtube.
- "Eminem Encore - Paul (Skit)". Youtube.
- "The Eminem Show - Paul (Skit)". Youtube.
- Relapse (Booklet). Eminem. Aftermath Entertainment/Interscope Records. 2009.
- "Action Bronson Joins Goliath Artists Management, Home to Eminem - XXL". Xxlmag.com. 2012-08-23. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Danny Brown Signs Management Deal With Goliath Artists - XXL". Xxlmag.com. 2013-03-23. Retrieved 2013-08-27.