Rubell obtained his bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of California, Los Angeles. Rubell worked for a time with editor Lou Lombardo. His first editing credit was for the film The Final Terror (1983). He worked for about ten years on films and programming for television before returning to feature films as the editor for The Island of Dr. Moreau.
- 1989 nominated for an Emmy for My Name is Bill W.
- 1990 nominated for an Eddie Award for Best Edited Television Special for My Name is Bill W.
- 1996 nominated for an Eddie Award for Best Edited Motion Picture for Non-Commercial Television for The Burning Season
- 1996 nominated for an Emmy for Andersonville
- 1997 won the Eddie Award for Best Edited Episode from a Television Mini-Series for Andersonville (episode 2)
- 2000 nominated for a Satellite Award for Best Editing for The Insider
- 2000 nominated for an Eddie Award for Best Edited Feature Film - Dramatic for The Insider
- 2000 nominated for an Academy Award for Film Editing for The Insider
- 2005 won the Satellite Award for Best Editing for Collateral
- 2005 nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Editing for Collateral
- 2005 nominated for an Eddie Award for Best Edited Feature Film - Dramatic for Collateral
- 2005 nominated for an Academy Award for Film Editing for Collateral
- My Name is Bill W. (1989) (TV)
- The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)
- Blade (1998)
- The Insider (1999)
- The Cell (2000)
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)
- Collateral (2004)
- The Island (2005)
- Transformers (2007)
- Hancock (2008)
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
- Public Enemies (2009)
- Thor (2011)
- Battleship (2012)
- Need for Speed (2014)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
- Seventh Son (2015)
- The 5th Wave (2016)
- Kaufman, Debra (2005). "Cutting to the Chase: Veterans and Assistants on How to Get Ahead in Editing", Film & Video May 1, 2005. Article archived at WebCite on 2008-07-07 from this original URL.
- "American Cinema Editors > Members", webpage archived by WebCite from this original URL on 2008-03-04.
- Paul Rubell at the Internet Movie Database
- "Q&A: 'Transformers' Editor Paul Rubell". Post Magazine. July 2007.
- Essman, Scott (November–December 1999). "Delving Inside The Post-Production Of THE INSIDER". Motion Picture Editors Guild Newsletter 20 (6). Archived from the original on 2008-12-07.
|This article about an American film editor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|