|Born||3 July 1896|
|Died||8 August 1945(aged 49)|
|Allegiance|| German Empire
|Commands held||68th Infantry Division|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Paul Scheuerpflug (3 July 1896 – 8 August 1945) was a German general in the Wehrmacht of Nazi Germany during World War II who commanded the 68th Infantry Division. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. Scheuerpflug was wounded 8 May 1945, and taken prisoner by Soviet troops. He died in a POW camp hospital at Auschwitz.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (22 September 1915 & 1st Class (27 January 1917))
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (25 June 1940) & 1st Class (4 July 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned three times in the Wehrmachtbericht (10 November 1943, 14 December 1943, and 19 September 1944)
- Thomas 1998, p. 254.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 306.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 83.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
Generalleutnant Hans Schmidt
|Commander of 68. Infanterie-Division
25 October 1943 - 8 May 1945