Paul Schnabel (born July 17, 1948 in Bergen op Zoom) is a Dutch sociologist and as of 2006[update] the director of an agency of the Dutch government called Sociaal en Cultureel Planbureau (Netherlands Institute for Social Research), usually abbreviated as SCP (or SCPB). He is also professor at Utrecht University. Since 9 June 2015, he has been a member of the Senate on behalf of Democrats 66 (D66).
Apart from his work for the SCP he has other appointments in several institutions in Dutch society such as the Netherlands Institute for Art History (RKD), and the Scientific Council for Government Policy. He is a columnist to the Dutch newspapers NRC-Handelsblad and Het Financieele Dagblad. As of 2008, he is also the chairperson of the committee that selected the 1,000 texts deemed as "key" of the Dutch and Flemish cultural history for the Digital library for Dutch literature.
In addition to his role in parliament, Schnabel has been serving as member of the Dutch delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe since 2015. As member of D66, he is part of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe group. He is a member of the Committee on Culture, Science, Education and Media; the Committee on Social Affairs, Health and Sustainable Development; the Sub-Committee on Public Health and Sustainable Development; and the Sub-Committee on Culture, Diversity and Heritage.
- "Paul Schnabel". OECD.
- Somers, Maartje Van abel spel tot Achterhuis: De basisbibliotheek – het Nederlands erfgoed in duizend sleutelteksten in NRC Handelsblad 4 April 2008 section 'Boeken', page 10
- Wouter de Nooy; Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam.; Erik Bloem; Eveline Domevscek; Martin Kettelarij (06/10/2007). "VOLKSKRANT TOP 200 2007". de Volkskrant. Retrieved 21 August 2012. Check date values in:
- Delft, Dirk van Snelle generalist in the NRC Handelsblad 29 July 2006 (Dutch language)
- Tussen stigma en charisma: nieuwe religieuze bewegingen en geestelijke volksgezondheid/Between stigma and charisma: new religious movements and mental health Erasmus university Rotterdam, Faculty of Medicine, Ph.D. thesis, ISBN 90-6001-746-3 (Deventer, Van Loghum Slaterus, 1982) available on the internet
- De weerbarstige geestesziekte: naar een nieuwe sociologie van de geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 1995, SUN (with Derksen, Jan)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paul Schnabel.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Paul Schnabel|
|This article about a person from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|