Paul Shaw (design historian)
Paul Shaw is an American designer, calligrapher and historian of design who lives in New York City. He has written a book on the history of the design of the New York City Subway system, Helvetica and the New York Subway System: The True (Maybe) Story, on the work of William Addison Dwiggins, and for Print magazine. He received the annual SoTA Typography Award of 2019.
- Shaw, Paul; Coles, Stephen. "Character Studies". Print. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- "Recap of Paul Shaw's San Francisco Lettering Walk". American Printing History Association. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- "Design discussions: Paul Shaw and the NYC Subway". IDSGN. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- Steven Heller (January 18, 2013). Writing and Research for Graphic Designers: A Designer's Manual to Strategic Communication and Presentation. Rockport Publishers. pp. 98–99. ISBN 978-1-59253-804-1.
- Shaw, Paul. "The (Mostly) True Story of Helvetica and the New York City Subway". AIGA. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- Bierut, Michael. "When in Helvetica". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- Lee, Jennifer. "How Helvetica Took Over the Subway". New York Times. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- "SOTA Typography Award Honors Paul Shaw". Society of Typographic Aficionados. Retrieved September 2, 2019.