Paul Stanley (album)
Cover painting by Eraldo Carugati
|Studio album by Paul Stanley|
|Released||September 18, 1978|
|Studio||Electric Lady Studios, New York City
The Record Plant Studios
The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, California
|Genre||Glam rock, hard rock|
|Producer||Paul Stanley, Jeff Glixman|
|Paul Stanley chronology|
|Singles from Paul Stanley|
Paul Stanley is a 1978 solo album from Paul Stanley, the rhythm guitarist and lead vocalist of American hard rock band Kiss. It was one of four solo albums released by the members of Kiss on September 18, 1978. It is the only album of the four Kiss solo albums to feature all original songs, as Simmons, Criss and Frehley each recorded one cover song on their albums.
The album reached #40 on the US Billboard album chart. AllMusic gave the album 3 stars out of 5 and said that it is the most "Kiss-like" out of all the Kiss solo albums. It was generally regarded as the second best of the solo albums, following Frehley's.
|1.||"Tonight You Belong to Me"||4:41|
|3.||"Ain't Quite Right"||3:34|
|4.||"Wouldn't You Like to Know Me"||3:16|
|5.||"Take Me Away (Together as One)"||5:26|
|7.||"Hold Me, Touch Me (Think of Me When We're Apart)"||3:40|
|8.||"Love in Chains"||3:34|
- Paul Stanley - lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, acoustic guitar, EBow, all guitars on track 7
- Bob Kulick - lead guitar, acoustic guitar
- Steve Buslowe - bass guitar on tracks 1–5
- Eric Nelson - bass guitar on tracks 6–9
- Richie Fontana - drums on tracks 1–4
- Carmine Appice - drums on track 5
- Craig Krampf - drums on tracks 6–9
- Diana Grasselli - backing vocals on track 2
- Miriam Naomi Valle - backing vocals on track 2
- Maria Vidal - backing vocals on track 2
- Peppy Castro - backing vocals on tracks 3 and 7
- Doug Katsaros - piano, Omni string ensemble and backing vocals on track 7
- Steve Lacey - electric guitar on track 8
- Jeff Glixman - engineer, producer (tracks 5, 6, 8, 9)
- Paul Grupp - engineer
- Barbara Isaak - assistant engineer
- George Marino - remastering
- Paul Stanley - producer, mixer
- Mike Stone - mixer
- Karat Faye - OD Engineer
- Eraldo Carulgati - album artwork
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Album - Billboard (North America)
|US Pop Albums||40|
Singles - Billboard (North America)
|"Hold Me, Touch Me (Think of Me When We're Apart)"||Canadian Pop Singles||64|
|U.S. Pop Singles||46|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Paul Stanley at AllMusic
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". Web.archive.org. 2003-06-26. Archived from the original on June 26, 2003. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Kiss: Album Guide | Rolling Stone Music". Rollingstone.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "KISS - Paul Stanley (album review)". Sputnikmusic. 2009-12-20. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Oricon Album Chart Book: Complete Edition 1970-2005. Roppongi, Tokyo: Oricon Entertainment. 2006. ISBN 4-87131-077-9.
- "Canadian album certifications – Paul Stanley – Kiss". Music Canada.
- "American album certifications – Paul Stanley – Kiss - Paul Stanley". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- KISSONLINE.COM Discography - Paul Stanley, accessed on March 30, 2016