|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
He was born in Cyprus, at Platres, and grew up in Limassol, but spent most of his acting career in Britain. He moved to the UK at the age of 18 to study at the Law School. Because of his great passion to be an actor, without telling his family, he got a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
He appeared in many British films, in British TV dramas such as Danger Man and The Saint. He appeared in Coronation Street in 1968, as Hungarian demolition contractor Miklos Zadic who had a brief relationship with Emily Nugent (played by Eileen Derbyshire).
In 1972 he moved to Athens, where he worked as a director in the casino in Athens, and then because of his great love for his island, he moved to his birthplace in Cyprus where he worked in the Public Theatre in Nicosia as an actor and as a director, where after he retired he moved to his beloved Limassol. He died on 28 June 2012 in Limassol and was buried in the cemetery of Limassol Sfalagiotisa.
He was married twice and had three children Julian Stassino, Alex Stassino, and Elvi Stassinou.
- Ill Met by Moonlight (1957) - Yani Katsias
- Interpol (1957) - Customs Inspector
- Miracle in Soho (1957) - Paulo
- Ice Cold in Alex (1958) - Barman
- The Great Van Robbery (1959) - Toni
- The Man Who Liked Funerals (1959) - Nick Morelli
- Tiger Bay (1959) - 'POLOMA' 1st. Officer
- The Bandit of Zhobe (1959) - Hatti
- The Stranglers of Bombay (1960) - Lt. Silver
- Moment of Danger (1960) - Juan Montoya
- Sands of the Desert (1960) - Pilot
- The Criminal (1960) - Alfredo Fanucci
- Exodus (1960) - Driver-guide on Cyprus
- Man Detained (1961) - James Helder
- The Secret Partner (1961) - Man in Soho Street
- The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone (1961) - Stefano - The Barber
- Echo of Barbara (1961) - Caledonia
- Sammy Going South (1963) - Spyros Dracandopolous
- Stolen Hours (1963) - Dalporto
- The Long Ships (1964) - Raschid
- The Moon-Spinners (1964) - Lambis
- The High Bright Sun (1965) - Alkis
- Thunderball (1965) - François Derval / Angelo Palazzi
- Where the Spies Are (1965) - Simmias
- That Riviera Touch (1966) - Le Pirate
- Sands of Beersheba (1966) - Salim
- The Magus (1968) - Meli
- You Can't Win 'Em All (1970) - Gunner major (uncredited)
- A Touch of the Other (1970) - Connelly
- Die Screaming, Marianne (1971) - Portuguese Police Detective
- Escape to Athena (1979) - Zeno's Man (Last appearance)
- Sandra Brennan. "Paul Stassino - Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Paul Stassino". TV.com. CBS Interactive.
- "Coronation Street - Season 9, Episode 19: Mon 4 Mar, 1968 - TV.com". TV.com. CBS Interactive.
- Greg Goodman. "James Bond Movies: Thunderball Characters @ Universal Exports, The Home of James Bond, 007".
- "Paul Stassino". BFI.
|This article about a Cypriot actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|