Paul Joseph Stevenson OAM (born 12 September 1955) is an Australian psychologist and a recognised authority within the fields of psychological trauma, posttraumatic stress disorder, stress management and psychological recovery from disaster incidents.
Stevenson holds a Certificate in Social Welfare from the Southbank Institute; a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Queensland; a Graduate Diploma in Psychology from the University of Queensland; and a Master of Psychology degree from the University of Queensland.
Stevenson has wide experience in general and trauma counselling, and is widely recognised as an international trauma psychologist. His experience includes on-site involvement with the Moura Mine Disaster in 1994; the Port Arthur Massacre (Australia) in 1996; the Thredbo landslide in 1997; the Bali bombings in 2002 and 2005; the Marriott bombing (Jakarta) in 2003; the Australian Embassy Bombing in 2004; the Indian Ocean Tsunami recovery in 2004–05; the Victorian Bushfires in 2009, the 2010-2011 Queensland floods, the 2013 Bundaberg floods, and support for the families of the those lost in Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Stevenson suggests that the traditional method of Critical Incident Stress Debriefing needs to be used with caution, and suggests that an eclectic and humanitarian approach is necessary for stress and trauma response. Stevenson is a member of the Australian Democrats.
- Medal of the Order of Australia OAM
- United Nations Queensland Award
- Past National President of the Australian College of Clinical Psychologists
- Current National President of the Australian Association of Psychologists
- Accredited Compassion Fatigue Educator, Green Cross International Academy of Traumatology 
- Stevenson, Paul. 2008. Best Practice for Human Services. Southport: Access Psychology.
- Stevenson, Paul. 2006. Are We There Yet? A Brief Strategy for Planning and Evaluation for the Human Services. Southport: Access Psychology.
- Stevenson, Paul. 2006. Postcards from Ground Zero. Burleigh: Zeus Publications.
- Kangaroo Point TAFE. 1979. List of Graduates. Kangaroo Point: TAFE.
- University of Queensland. 1987. Graduation Handbook. St.Lucia: University of Queensland; see also https://www.uq.edu.au/secure/sc/olvq/result.html, accessed 6 May 2010
- University of Queensland. 1989. Graduation Handbook. St.Lucia: University of Queensland; see also https://www.uq.edu.au/secure/sc/olvq/result.html, accessed 6 May 2010
- University of Queensland. 1993. Graduation Handbook. St.Lucia: University of Queensland; see also https://www.uq.edu.au/secure/sc/olvq/result.html, accessed 6 May 2010
- "Lennon call for ban blasted", by Sue Neales. Hobart Mercury. 23 November 2006. Accessed 15 January 2013.
- ABC radio report, accessed 18 December 2012
- "No evidence for claim: psychologist", Star Observer, Issue 1125, 25 May 2012. Accessed 10 January 2013.
- Interview (within current affairs report), "The Great Pretenders", by Damien Hanson, A Current Affair. Channel 7 TV. 11 March 2013, accessed 14 March 2013.
- Queensland Government. Psychosocial Response and Recovery Symposium, accessed 19 April 2010.
- Australian Honours Listing, accessed 19 April 2010.
- "Footage of the aftermath of the 1996 Port Arthur massacre has appeared on YouTube", by Meryl Naidoo and Barian Ward. The Daily Telegraph (Sydney, Australia). 28 July 2011. Accessed 9 January 2013
- ABC radio interview on the 10th anniversary of the Bali Bombings, 17 October 2012, accessed 19 October 2012
- "Selfless work recognized", Southern Star (Brisbane), 5 September 2012, p.12, accessed 5 September 2012
- "Stress goes up at flood times", South-West News (Brisbane), 3 October 2012, p.11., accessed 5 October 2012
- Radio interview with 4BU on 6 February 2013, accessed 17 February 2013
- "Bundy under the pump", by Bill Hoffman, Sunshine Coast Daily, 9 February 2013, accessed 17 February 2013
- Interview, "Bundaberg Floods", with Damien Hanson. Today Tonight (TV current affairs programme, Channel Seven). 26 February 2013.
- Deutrom, Rian. 2014. "Trauma psychologist says family of Mary and Rod Burrows and Cathy and Bob Lawton 'unified and doing OK'". Brisbane Courier-Mail, 2 April 2014, accessed 4 May 2014.
- Stevenson, Paul. Postcards from Ground Zero. Burleigh: Zeus Publications.
- Councillor Margaret de Wit presents United Nations Awards, 30 August 2012.
- "International Acclaim" Style Magazine (Brisbane), September 2012. p.20
- "Go-to-Guy when Disaster Strikes", by Heather Grant-Campbell, The Senior, 31 October 2012, accessed 17 November 2012
- "United Nations Association of Australia Queensland – Community Award Presentations", United Nations Association of Queensland Newsletter, Vol.8, No.8, October 2012. p2. Accessed 8 May 2013.
- Counselling Australia: Australian Counselling Association Journal, accessed 6 May 2010
- Australian Association of Psychologists, accessed 6 May 2010
- Australian Democrats Queensland Division Newsletter, Vol.5, No.2, October, 2014. p2.
- Professional website
- Interview on ABC Radio, 28 September 2011
- Interview on ABC Radio on psychological impact of Qld public service sackings, 11 September 2012
- Interview on ABC Radio on the Bali Bombings, 17 October 2012