|Occupation||Founder/CEO of Farsight Security, Inc.,|
|Known for||ISC, BIND, MAPS, Vixie cron|
After he left Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) in 1994, he founded Internet Software Consortium (ISC) together with Rick Adams and Carl Malamud to support BIND and other software for the Internet. The activities of ISC were assumed by a new company, Internet Systems Consortium in 2004. Although ISC operates the F root server, Vixie at one point joined the Open Root Server Network (ORSN) project and operated their L root server.
In 1995 he cofounded the Palo Alto Internet Exchange (PAIX) and, after Metromedia Fiber Network (MFN) bought it in 1999, served as the chief technology officer to MFN / AboveNet and later as the president of PAIX.
In 2013, after nearly 20 years at ISC, he founded a new company, Farsight Security, Inc. spinning off the Security Business Unit from ISC.
- Vixie, Paul; Avolio, Frederick M. (1995). Sendmail: Theory and Practice. Maynard, Mass: Digital Press. ISBN 1-55558-127-7.
- Farsight Security
- Paul Vixie's LinkedIN page
- Google+ Profile
- Vixie, Paul (2002-02-26). "Re: Malformed SNMP Packet log/trace". North American Network Operations Group mailing list. Archived from the original on 2003-03-20. Retrieved 2007-03-07.
note that i hold the single-author record for total CERT advisories, proving that in my copious youth i knew how to sling code but not how to manage risk.
- Graff, Mark G.; Kenneth R. "van" Wyk (2003). Secure Coding: Principles and Practices. O'Reilly. pp. "Advance Praise" section. ISBN 0-596-00242-4.
If this book had existed when I was learning C in the early 1980s, then I might not now hold the record for 'most CERT advisories due to a single author.' Anyone who wants a coding job at ISC in the future should be prepared to demonstrate that they have read and understand Secure Coding.Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Paul Vixie listed as a judge on the Firefox 3 2008 Download Day
- Former Members of the Board of Trustees
- SSAC Membership
- "ISC Spins Off Its Security Business Unit". Internet Systems Consortium. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Internet Hall of Fame Announces 2014 Inductees". ISOC. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Paul Vixie|