Paul Wagnberg performing in 2017
|Birth name||Palle Wagnberg|
|Also known as||Paul 'Groove' Wagnberg|
|Born||25 April 1961|
|Instruments||Keyboards, piano, organ, Hammond B3 organ|
|Associated acts||The Real Thing|
Paul (Palle) Wagnberg (born 25 April 1961 in Norrköping, Sweden) is a Swedish–Norwegian jazz musician, mostly known for his jazz-organ playing. He also sings and plays the piano in addition to composing.
He is known for his collaborations within the Swedish-Norwegian jazz quartet The Real Thing, comprising Wagnberg (Hammond B3 organ), Staffan William-Olsson (guitar), Børre Dalhaug (drums) and the late Sigurd Køhn (saxophone). The Real Thing is currently put on hold after Køhn died in 2004 in Thailand by the tsunami catastrophe.
With his own trio Wagnberg has released three albums, Eat Meat (1999) with Torstein Ellingsen (drums) and Randy Johnston (guitar), Gone Fishing (2001) with Torstein Ellingsen (drums) and Frode Kjekstad (guitar) and Catch 22 (2007) with Erik In 2009 he contributed organ on Stina Stenerud's album Kissing Fools with Hildegunn Øiseth on trumpet. Apart from his own "Organ Unit", Wagnberg is organist in the tribute band "Santana The Experience" from Stockholm.
- Paul Wagnberg Trio
- 1999: Eat Meat (Real Music Records)
- 2001: Gone Fishing (Real Music Records)
- Paul Wagnberg Organ Unit
- 2007: Catch 22 (Real Music Records)
- Within The Real Thing
- 1992: The Real Thing (Real Music Records)
- 1993: ...in New York (Real Music Records), feat. Lew Soloff produced by Georg "Jojje" Wadenius, and nominated for the Spellemannprisen 1994
- 1994: A Perfect Match (Real Music Records), with Bohuslän Big Band, arranged and produced by the Los Angeles based arranger Tom Kubis
- 1995: Live (Real Music Records)
- 1997: Pleasure is an Attitude (Real Music Records)
- 2000: Deluxe (Real Music Records), with Even Kruse Skatrud and the Norwegian Radio Orchestra
- 2003: New Wrapping (Real Music Records)
- 2006: A Real Christmas (Real Music Records), feat. Sigrid Brennhaug on vocal
- With J.T. Lauritsen & The Buckshot Hunters
- 1995: Buckshot Hunters (Hunters Records)
- 1999: My Kind of Blues (Hunters Records)
- 2001: Make A Better World(Hunters Records)
- 2004: Perfect Moves (Hunters Records)
- Within Børre Dalhaug's "Bigbandblast»
- With Stina Stenerud
- 2009: Kissing Fools (Hunter Records)
- "Paul Wagnberg Biofraphy". JazzOrganister.com. Archived from the original on 10 October 2003.
- "Paul Wagnberg Organ Unit". Gogoyoko.com. Archived from the original on 24 January 2013.
- Tor Hammerø (11 December 2007). "Hetetokter – Paul Wagnberg Organ Unit Catch 22 Review" (in Norwegian). NettAvisen side2.no. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- Gorseth, Olav (22 September 2004). "Dødelig presist – Storbandplate produsert lag på lag" (in Norwegian). Bergens Tidende. Retrieved 6 December 2012.