Paul Wilson (criminologist)
Paul Richard Wilson (born 9 March 1941) OAM is a New Zealand-born Australian author, sociologist and criminologist whose career ended abruptly with his conviction and jailing in 2016 for sexually assaulting a young girl.
He has authored 24 books on crime and related social issues and he is an occasional columnist for several Australian newspapers.
In November 2012, Wilson was accused of child sex abuse alleged to have happened in the early 1970s. 
On 16 May 2014, Wilson was committed to stand trial on six charges. Wilson pleaded not guilty. 
On 23 November 2016 Wilson was found guilty of child sex charges including 4 counts of indecent treatment of a child under 12 years old. The first assault took place when the girl was 8. On 24 November 2016 Wilson was sentenced to an 18-month head sentence to be suspended once he served six months in jail. 
- The Police and the Public in Australia and New Zealand (with D. Chappell), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1969)
- The Sexual Dilemma: Abortion, Homosexuality, Prostitution and the Criminal Threshold, University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1971)
- The Policeman’s Position Today and Tomorrow: An Examination of the Police Force (with J. Western), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1972)
- The Australian Criminal Justice System (with D. Chappell), Butterworths, Sydney (1972)
- Australian Social Issues: Perspectives for Social Action, Butterworths, Sydney (1972)
- Immigrants and Politics, Australian National University Press, Canberra (1973)
- Crime and the Community (with J. Brown,) University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1973)
- Deviance in Australia (with A. Hiller), Cheshire, Melbourne (1975)
- The Helping Professions: A Critical Appraisal (with A. Pemberton and P. Boreham), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1976)
- Public Housing for Australia, University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1976)
- Delinquency in Australia: A Critical Appraisal, University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1977)
- Of Public Concern, University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1977)
- The Australian Criminal Justice System (with D. Chappell), revised, Butterworths, Sydney, (1977)
- Planning for Turbulent Environments (with J. Western), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1977)
- The Other Side of Rape, University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1978) ISBN 0-7022-1167-2
- Mental Disorder or Madness (with E. Bates), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1979)
- The Two Faces of Deviance (with J. Braithwaite), University of Queensland Press, Brisbane (1979)
- Intimacy, Cassell Collier-Macmillan, Sydney (1979)
- The Man They Called a Monster: Sexual Experiences Between Men and Boys, Cassell, Sydney (1981)
- Black Death, White Hands, Allen and Unwin, Sydney 1982 (revised editions 1985, 1988).
- Murder of the Innocents: Child Killers and Their Victims, Rigby, Adelaide (1985)
- Street Kids (with J. Arnold), Dove, Melbourn (1986)
- "Professor Paul Wilson: a conversation". ABC Queensland. March 29, 2005. Archived from the original on 29 March 2005. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "It's an Honour - Honours - Search Australian Honours". www.itsanhonour.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Wuth, Robyn (November 22, 2012). "Criminologist Professor Paul Wilson accused of sex abuse". Herald Sun. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Trial for academic over indecency claims". news.com.au. May 16, 2014. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Conversations with Paul Wilson - includes photo - ABC Radio at Archive.org.