||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
December 24, 1921|
|Died||May 9, 1997
Rancho Mirage, California
Paul Zastupnevich (December 24, 1921 – May 9, 1997) was an American costume designer and assistant to movie producer and director Irwin Allen, active in film from 1959 to 1980. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Costume Design for three films produced by Allen: The Poseidon Adventure (1972), The Swarm (1978) and When Time Ran Out (1980).
Born in Homestead, Pennsylvania, his education included a degree in fashion design. Zastupnevich's early career was spent acting in stage productions and designing costumes for many of them. In addition to costume design in Irwin Allen's productions, Zastupnevich appeared in a number of Allen's movies and television series such as Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Lost in Space.
Zastupnevich ran his own boutique "The House of Z" in Pasadena with his sister Olga, and he designed clothes for actresses. In 1994, he was the special guest of honor at a convention in England. He gave several talks at the convention, covering his work with Irwin Allen. The same year he became honorary president of the Irwin Allen News Network which is dedicated to all of Allen's works. In 1996 he was living in Palm Desert, California.
- The Big Circus (1959)
- The Lost World (1960)
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961)
- Five Weeks In a Balloon (1962)
- Lost in Space (51 episodes, 1966–1968)
- Land of the Giants (3 episodes, 1968–1969)
- The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
- The Towering Inferno (1974)
- Viva Knievel! (1977)
- The Swarm (1978)
- Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979)
- When Time Ran Out (1980)
- Alice in Wonderland (1985)
- The Man who came to Dinner (as Banjo)
- David Copperfield (as Mr Dick)
- The Madwoman of Chaillot (as French Sgt. of Police)
- Plain and Fancy (Jolly Jacob Yoder)
- Blind Alley (as young man)
- Affairs of State
- Hazel Kirke
- The Man Who Came to Dinner
- Separate Rooms
- Meet the Wife
- Boy Meets Girl
- St. Joan
- Nathan the Wise
- Plain and Fancy
- Anastasia (as Petrovin)
- Solid Gold Cadillac (as Gillie)
|1973||Academy Awards||Nominated||Best Costume Design||The Poseidon Adventure|
|1981||When Time Ran Out|
|1986||Emmy Award||Outstanding Costume Design for a Variety or Music Program||Alice in Wonderland|
- "Paul Zastupnevich costume design drawings, 1960-1979". Margaret Herrick Library. Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Jon Abbott (3 October 2006). Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964-1970: A Critical History of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space, The Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants. McFarland. pp. 6–. ISBN 978-0-7864-8662-5.
- Meeks, Eric G. (2012). Palm Springs Celebrity Homes: Little Tuscany, Racquet Club, Racquet Club Estates and Desert Park Estates Neighborhoods (Kindle). Horatio Limburger Oglethorpe. p. 475 (location number). ASIN B00A2PXD1G.