This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Birth name||Paula Fernandes de Souza|
|Born||August 28, 1984|
|Origin||Sete Lagoas, Minas Gerais, Brazil|
|Labels||Universal Music Brazil|
Paula Fernandes de Souza (Brazilian Portuguese: [ˈpawlɐ fehˈnɐ̃dʒis]; born August 28, 1984, in Sete Lagoas, Minas Gerais) is a Brazilian singer, songwriter and arranger. In 2011 she was one of the most searched people on Google Brazil. She won a Latin Grammy Awards for her album Amanhecer in 2016.
Born in Sete Lagoas, Minas Gerais, she lived on a farm with her parents and her younger brother during her childhood. Fernandes started singing when she was eight years old, releasing her self-titled debut album two years later. Her second album, named Ana Rayo, was released in 1995, and was inspired by the A História de Ana Raio e Zé Trovão telenovela. Fernandes went to college to study Geography in Belo Horizonte when she was 18 years old, singing in pubs during this time. She recorded one of the theme songs of Rede Globo's telenovela América, named "Ave Maria Natureza", and released the album Canções do Vento Sul soon after. Fernandes was nominated for the Best Popular Singer Award at Prêmio da Música Brasileira with that album. The song "Jeito de Mato" from her following album, Pássaro de Fogo, was a theme song on the Globo telenovela Paraíso, and her version of Ivete Sangalo's "Quando a Chuva Passar" was the main theme of the telenovela Escrito nas Estrelas. Fernandes released her first DVD in October 2010, and gained further recognition after she participated in two Rede Globo specials: the Roberto Carlos' end of year show, broadcast on December 25, 2010, and Show da Virada, broadcast during New Year's Eve, on December 31, 2010. Her live album, Paula Fernandes - Ao Vivo, released in 2011, was the top seller of that year. Fernandes became known in the rest of Latin America due to her collaboration on the Juanes song "Hoy Me Voy", released on his 2012 MTV Unplugged album. Her 2013 album Multishow ao Vivo - Um Ser Amor was nominated for the 2014 Latin Grammy Award for Best Sertaneja Music Album, with the title song being nominated in the Best Brazilian Song category. Fernandes was also a singer with another, earlier, famous, group headed by another popular South American, Luciano. Earlier, she sang a Luciano passion song "Saudade Bandida" but was not named the vocalist, or shown in the video. Paula recorded one album in English titled Dust in the Wind in an American western style, see below (EMI). She also recorded a duet with Canadian country singer Shania Twain and one with American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift.
In 2019, her album Hora Certa was nominated for the Latin Grammy Award for Best Sertaneja Music Album. In his international tours, he performed shows for more than 500,000 people, passing through more than 10 countries every year. These are Italy, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Brazil, Portugal, United States, Luxembourg, Angola, Cape Verde, Spain, Argentina and Paraguay.
|Canções do Vento Sul|
|Dust in the Wind||
|Pássaro de Fogo||
|Paula Fernandes: Ao Vivo||
2× Diamond (ABPD)
|Multishow Ao Vivo: Um Ser Amor||
|Amanhecer Ao Vivo||
|Origens (Ao Vivo em Sete Lagoas)||
|Um Ser Amor||
|As 20 Melhores||
|Encontros pelo Caminho|
|A Arte de Paula Fernandes||
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|Brasil Hot 100 Airplay||Brasil Hot Popular Songs|
|2005||"Meu Eu em Você"||—||—||Canções do Vento Sul|
|2009||"Pássaro de Fogo"||36||2||Pássaro de Fogo|
|"Jeito de Mato"||24||3|
|2010||"Quando a Chuva Passar"||29||20|
|2011||"Pra Você"||2||2||Paula Fernandes: Ao Vivo|
|"Não Precisa" (duet with Victor & Leo)||2||6|
|2012||"Eu Sem Você"||2||—||Meus Encantos|
|"Cuidar Mais de Mim"||13||—|
|2013||"Se o Coração Viajar"||16||—|
|"Um Ser Amor"||4||—||Um Ser Amor (EP)|
|"Não Fui Eu"||3||—||Multishow Ao Vivo: Um Ser Amor|
|"You're Still the One" (duet with Shania Twain)||15||—||Encontros pelo Caminho|
|2015||"Pegando Lágrimas" (duet with Chitãozinho & Xororó)||17||—|
|"Depois" (duet with Victor & Leo)||29||—|
|"A Paz Desse Amor"||21||—||Amanhecer|
|"Depende da Gente"||13||—|
|"Olhos de Céu"||88||—||Amanhecer Ao Vivo|
|2022||"Rebelde" (duet with Moderatto)||—||—||Rockea Bien Duro|
|As featured artist|
|2010||"Caminhoneiro" (duet with Dominguinhos)||—||—||Emoções Sertanejas|
|2011||"Meu Grito de Amor" (duet with Eduardo Costa)||8||—||De Pele, Alma e Coração Ao Vivo|
|"Over the Rainbow" (duet with Michael Bolton)||—||28||Gems: The Duets Collection|
|2012||"Long Live" (duet with Taylor Swift)||10||—||Speak Now World Tour – Live (Brazilian edition)|
|"Hoy Me Voy" (duet with Juanes)||54||—||Juanes MTV Unplugged|
|"Criação Divina" (duet with Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano)||6||—||20 Anos de Sucesso|
|2013||"Se Tudo Fosse Fácil" (duet with Michel Teló)||6||—||Sunset|
Awards and nominations
Latin Grammy Award
|2011||Best New Artist||Paula Fernandes||Nominated|
|Best Sertaneja Music Album||Ao Vivo||Nominated|
|2014||Multishow Ao Vivo – Um Ser Amor||Nominated|
|Best Brazilian Song||"Um Ser Amor"||Nominated|
|2016||Best Sertaneja Music Album||Amanhecer||Won|
|2020||Origens (Ao Vivo em Sete Lagoas)||Won|
- Ariane Abdallah (March 9, 2011). "O reinado de Paula Fernandes" (in Portuguese). Revista TPM. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "Paula Fernandes - Dicionário Cravo Albin de Música Brasileira" (in Portuguese). Dicionário Cravo Albin da Música Popular Brasileira. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- "Paula Fernandes" (in Portuguese). Contigo. Archived from the original on May 3, 2011. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- "Sucesso em trilhas de novelas, Paula Fernandes raised popularity after sharing stage with the well known Brazilian singer Roberto Carlos" (in Portuguese). Correio Braziliense. January 5, 2011. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- R7. "Paula Fernandes coloca disco ao vivo no topo da lista de mais vendidos" (in Portuguese). Rede Record. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- Wang, Andrea; Brown, Tracy (September 24, 2014). "Latin Grammys 2014: Complete list of nominees". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "Paula Fernandes diz que é espírita e gera protesto de fiéis" (in Portuguese). Folha de S.Paulo. February 20, 2013. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Paula Fernandes gera polêmica ao assumir ser espírita:'Respeito ou preconceito?'" (in Portuguese). Purple People. February 20, 2013. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- Cabo, Leila (November 14, 2019). "Latin Grammys 2019 Winners: Complete List". Billboard. MRC. Retrieved September 9, 2020.
- "www.tudosobresertanejo.com". March 3, 2016. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- "Paula Fernandes fará turnê pelos Estados Unidos em fevereiro - Notícias - Contigo!". February 10, 2013. Archived from the original on February 10, 2013. Retrieved November 14, 2022.
- Paula Fernandes certifications. ABPD. Accessed July 31, 2012.