|Member of Parliament|
|Assumed office |
8 May 2015
|Preceded by||Simon Reevell|
|Shadow Minister for Social Care and Mental Health|
|Assumed office |
12 January 2018
|Born||16 April 1975|
Paula Michelle Sherriff (born 16 April 1975) is a British Labour Party politician. She has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Dewsbury since gaining the seat from the Conservatives at the general election in May 2015. Sherriff was previously a councillor in Pontefract on Wakefield District Council.
On 21 March 2016, it was officially acknowledged that the "Tampon Tax" would be abolished. Paula Sherriff became the first backbench MP in Parliamentary history to have had an amendment to a Budget resolution successfully adopted. Both the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Labour Party commended her work on the issue.
- "Election 2017: Dewsbury Parliamentary constituency". BBC News. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Labour's Catherine McKinnell quits shadow cabinet". BBC News. 11 January 2016. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Simons, Ned (22 March 2016). "MPs back abolition of tampon tax after Government accepts Labour amendment to budget". Huffington Post. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Paula Sherriff promoted to Labour's front bench". Huddersfield Examiner. 12 January 2017. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- Official website
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (MP) representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2015 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|