|Born||Mary Paula Wilcox
13 December 1949
Mary Paula Wilcox (born 13 December 1949) is an English actress. She is best known for her role as Chrissy Plummer in the British comedy Man About the House (1973–1976) and later as Hilary Potts in Emmerdale.
Wilcox first came to public attention whilst a member of the National Youth Theatre, which she joined aged seventeen. She appeared in Coronation Street in 1969 as Ray Langton's sister Janice. She was offered her first starring television role in The Lovers, a Granada sitcom produced for the ITV network largely written by Jack Rosenthal and co-starring Richard Beckinsale. There were two series of The Lovers, plus a feature film. She appeared in an episode of The Benny Hill Show (Thames) broadcast on 23 February 1972.
In 1973, Wilcox starred in Man About the House (Thames) as Chrissy Plummer, regularly in a flirtatious battle of wits with her male flatmate Robin, played by Richard O'Sullivan. The series ran for three years and she also starred in the feature film of the same show. Her follow up role was as the eponymous single mother in Miss Jones and Son (1977).
In 1991, Wilcox returned to situation comedy as Ros West in a Yorkshire Television sitcom called Fiddlers Three opposite Peter Davison before playing the character of Ivy Sandford in the pilot of Frank Skinner's Blue Heaven on Channel 4 in 1992 - the show then went on to became a series. She appeared in several series of The Queen's Nose (1995–2001), and also played small roles in the films The Higher Mortals (1993) and the Woody Allen movie Scoop (2006).
On 27 October 2006, Wilcox appeared in the Only Fools and Horses spin-off The Green Green Grass as Marlene's sister. She has also played another character in the Only Fools and Horses universe, appearing in 2 episodes of Rock and Chips, playing Edward "Grandad" Trotter's estranged wife Violet. In 2007 Wilcox joined the cast of Emmerdale as Hilary Potts, mother of the vicar's wife, Laurel Thomas (Charlotte Bellamy).
In November 2010 Wilcox took the leading role as a Liverpudlian private eye in Following from the Front, BBC radio play, first broadcast November, 2010 and, more recently January, 2015 
In addition to her other work, Wilcox has made guest appearances in programmes such as Footballers' Wives, Holby City and Down to Earth. She was cast as Lilian in the BBC Three cult sitcom The Smoking Room.
|1969 to 1970||The Dustbinmen||Naomi|
|1970 to 1971||The Lovers||Beryl Battersby|
|1971 to 1972||The Liver Birds||Gloria Titlark|
|1973 to 1976||Man About the House||Chrissy Plummer|
|1977 to 1978||Miss Jones and Son||Elizabeth Jones|
|1985||The Bright Side||Cynthia Bright|
|1991||Fiddlers Three||Ros West|
|1992 to 1994||Blue Heaven||Ivy Sandford|
|2004 to 2005||The Smoking Room||Lillian|
|2010 to 2011||Rock & Chips||Violet Trotter|
|2015||Still Open All Hours||Linda|
|2016||Upstart Crow||Mary Shakespeare|
|1969||Coronation Street||Janice Langton|
|1995-2001||The Queen's Nose||Mrs Parker|
|2007–2008||Emmerdale||Hilary Potts||Regular role; 40 episodes|
|2008||A Touch of Frost||Gloria Collingham|
|2014||Jonathan Creek||Hazel Prosser|
- Neil Cooper (2012-11-07). "What the Dickens?". Herald Scotland. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Paula Wilcox." United Kingdom: Castaway.org.uk. Web. 9 Jan. 2012.
- "Paula Wilcox has Great Expectations about playing Miss Havisham at Birmingham’s New Alexandra Theatre « Express & Star". Expressandstar.com. 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "The Benny Hill Show - Season 3, Episode 3: Show 12". TV.com. 2007-07-23. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- Lorraine Fisher (2009-01-10). "As he grows worryingly frail, Richard O'Sullivan's former co-star and lover says... I still love my Man About The House | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Paula Wilcox as single mum in Miss Jones and Son - Sally Thomsett Videos : Firstpost Topic - Page 1". Firstpost.com. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Paula Wilcox : Actress - Films, episodes and roles on". Digiguide.tv. 1949-12-13. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Great Expectations for Paula Wilcox in Havisham role". Woking News and Mail. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- Curley, Evelyn (19 June 2008). "Whatever Happened to the Cotton Dress Girl?". The Stage. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- High, Chris (30 April 2010). "Canary". The Stage. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Paula Wilcox Pics - Paula Wilcox Photo Gallery - 2013 - Magazine Pictorials. Movie Stills. Event Photos. Red Carpet Pictures". Allstarpics.net. Retrieved 2013-11-23.