|Headquarters||223 rue Saint-Honoré, Paris, France|
|Xavier Marie, (CEO)|
|Revenue||€63 000 000 (2016)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||France; United Kingdom; Spain; Germany; Belgium; USA|
PAULE KA is a French ready-to-wear brand, created in 1987 by Serge Cajfinger.
Born in Lille in 1955, Serge Cajfinger spent his childhood in Brazil; he returned to France in 1968. In 1974, he opened a multi-brand store in Lille known as PAULE KA. Serge Cajfinger later left Lille for Paris to set up a designer label under the same name, opening the first ever PAULE KA store in 1987 in the heart of Paris’ Marais district. Inspired by the grace and elegance of 50’s and 60’s style icons including Jackie Onassis Kennedy, Audrey Hepburn and Princess Grace Kelly, he sought to bring a modern twist to their timeless elegance. The brand's style is geometric and sober, sophisticated yet urban, with some lasting characteristics such as black dresses, must-have bags  and the use of bows.
In 2007, State-owned fund Caisse des dépôts et consignations invested in PAULE KA. The fashion house set up its headquarters on the rue Saint Honoré in Paris and opened a store in Cannes. 2011 saw the arrival of Change Capital Partners, who were also to invest in PAULE KA, enabling the brand to set itself new growth objectives.
International development ensued 2012 with the opening of stores in China and across Europe as well as a showroom in New York.
In 2014, Following the decision to change the company's governance, Cajfinger left the House he founded after almost 30 years as Chairman and Creative Director to devote himself to new personal projects.
In July 2015, a year after Cajfinger's departure, Alithia Spuri-Zampetti was appointed Creative Director of PAULE KA. The young Italian-American designer had previously worked at Lanvin and channelled her energies into updating the collections while remaining true to the heritage of chic Parisian elegance.
In March 2016, the fashion house once again appeared in Paris Fashion Week's official calendar with a presentation that paid tribute to its ateliers’ savoir-faire.
In July 2017, the company Marco Polo became main shareholder of Maison PAULE KA. Serge Cajfinger takes the lead again to supervise upcoming collections alongside the House's creative team.
Following the launch in 2010 of a collection of evening dresses called Black Carpet, Serge Cajfinger has dressed Hollywood actresses including Meryl Streep, Patricia Arquette, Eva Longoria, Sarah Jessica Parker as well as singers Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and Jennifer Lopez. In 2010, he designed a capsule collection for La Redoute, the largest French mail order retailer, presented by Agyness Deyn.
- "Paule Ka accueille la Caisse des Dépôts à son capital". Les Échos (in French). February 12, 2007. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- Crane, Kelly. "Serge Cajfinger talks success". Gulf News. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- "Paule Ka séduit la CDC". Challenges (in French). March 15, 2007. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- Fraser-Cavassoni, Natasha (April 15, 2007). "The Remix; Chic? Hmm". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- di Meo, Sylvie (October 6, 2006). "L'indispensable petite robe noire". Le Monde (in French).
- "Paule Ka : l'histoire d'une robe" (in French). Fashions addict. February 3, 2009. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- Mouzat, Virginie (January 27, 2010). "Paule Ka Black Carpet". Le Figaro (in French). Retrieved 2010-10-30.[permanent dead link]
- "Qui se cache derrière Paule Ka ?". Elle (in French). March 22, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-30.